Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Federal Review Error Form 3468

I did not receive any help or any response from TT.

What I ended up doing was deleting the K-1 from TT, deleting form 3468 (which now could be deleted), then re-entering the data, including the carryover data from previous years. TT only automatically carryovers data from previous years when you start a new return, apparently, so I had to make sure that I recorded that data before deleting the K-1 and then manually reentered it.

Once I did that form 3468 disappeared for good and I was able to electronically file my return.

However, I am unhappy with TT for this and another major flaw. If I had not manually compared the two returns, I could have easily filed the new return without the carryover data. It did not change my tax situation this year, but certainly will in future years. That is a fundamental flaw in TT.

Another big flaw with TT happened 2 years when I had to file an amended return. TT carried over incorrect numbers from my original return, even though both were done in the same version of TT! Again, unless I had manually verified them, I would not have caught that error and would certainly have received a nasty letter from the IRS. And again, despite frequent requests for help and posts on this forum, TT was completely silent. From subsequent posts on that thread by others, it appears that TT still hasn't fixed that problem.

These are major errors. I will probably stop using TT after 20+ years and switch to one of the alternatives.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies