Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Federal Review Error Form 3468

1. On the menu bar on the left that shows. 

1. Select Tax Tools 
  2. On the drop-down select Tools 
  3. On the Pop-Up menu select Delete a Form 
  4. This will give you all of the forms in your return 
  5. Scroll down to the form you want to delete 
  6. Select the Form 
  7. Click on Delete

Always use extreme caution when deleting information from your tax return.  There could be unintended consequences. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I Am using a MAC, I don't see what your talking about with the tools, I can see all the forms and I do not see the form 3468. I am not sure why this form is being tied to my K-1

ind
Level 3

Omitting the code and amount did not solve the problem

ind
Level 3

hi Cynthia,

I have deleted that form several times and it still stays there. Ths is a software code issue and it needs to be fixed

To remove a form on a Mac:

1. Go to the Forms Menu at the top of Turbo Tax window
  2. From the Forms drop-down menu at the very the top of the screen, select "Open A Form" and a pop-up window with a list of forms will appear
  3. In the search bar of the pop-up window type "Form 3468"
  4. When Form 3468 opens, go back to the Forms drop-down menu at the top of the screen and select: Remove Form 3468.
ind
Level 3

hi,

someone else had mac.

I have windows and deleting 3468 form did not solve the issue. btw, even after deleting, that form stays there.

This is a software code issue and the TurboTax developers need to fix it.

Since last year, TurboTax creates some problems with K1 filing. Last year, it was K3 issue. This is exhausting as I can not efile with 19 errors related to the form 3468 which asking info that is not even on the K1 forms and not relevant

chemdoc98

This issue is not resolved and when I sign up for an alert for when it gets resolved, I get an error message. I've tried all recommended fixes.

I hope TT gets this fixed soon or it will be my last year with TT (and quickbooks). 

Thank you. This was the clearest help, and I was also able to resolve using the same step. The K-1 had a small loss that had zero effect, and followed your instructions to both delete the K-1 and still have to find and delete the empty form. 

I reported the error to Inuit over a week ago. Today I received this response:

Dear TurboTax customer,

Thank you for being patient while we investigate your issue.
Rest assured, we're working tirelessly on a solution and will email you when we have more information.
Thank you for being a TurboTax customer.

Sincerely,

TurboTax

This is getting ridiculous!

GELewis Thank You!!!!! That took care of that issue! Now it's on to the next one which says "Box 13 Code C is currently under development and will be available by the end of March!!

It's a dead link.  Did TT believe deleting discussion to pretend it solved the problem?  When will the patch become available?  Are you claiming not enter AJ, Z entries in Box 20, with manually removing Form 3468 should fix the problem in the error checking?

Is there way to bypass the coal / gasification optimization?  Can I just click a box to say 'none of this K-1 form is claiming recycle dino credit'?

emjdesign

Thank you this worked!!!

Hi Turbotax

do you know when the issue with the incorrect 3468 Form for Schedule K1 will be fixed.  Also how do you sign up for notification for updates. There is no link to sign up directly with the thread

Thanks

RS

3/18/24

Unfortunately, the link I used to sign up for notification when the update is applied no longer works.  

I have no clue when it will be fixed. I'm waiting just like everyone else.

Hello GELewis

Thanks for the note. I hope TT fixes this big gaping hole on the unwanted link to form 3468. and the infamous IRS registration facility number that it is asking to be entered. There were some suggestions in the thread that the code in box 20 (AJ for eg) can be deleted in entirety unless the loss is over 500K etc for joint filers. Let us see what TT does before the deadline.

Thanks

Siva R

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies