Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Federal Review Error Form 3468

Thanks Rusty72 your solution worked. There were some minor errors that popped up I only noticed after I filed. Guess it is up to IRS now. Last Year TT was no problems, this year it's a nightmare. If I had it to do all over again I would have just mailed it.

I have been fighting this form 3468 issue for several hours and finally just deleted the K-1 that apparently caused it. I then deleted the 3468 form and did the federal review again. Guess what. Turbo tax still shows a form 3468 that needs to be filled out. I tried just efiling anyway and Turbotax won't let me. I have been a Turbotax customer for well over 20 years. This is the biggest [Removed] I have ever seen. April 15 is fast approaching so when the hell are you going to fix it??????

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Form 3468 is a known IRS issue. If you enter ""TMXXX99XXXXX" on Line 2a, this will allow you to e-file.

@KRSetterlund 

@GELewis 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same problem.  I do not have an AJ entry on my K-1.  I tried removing the form 3468 and it reappeared.  I get two errors on the 3468 that have nothing to do with my K-1.   It wants a IRS issued registration number for the facility.  And the second error wants an amount and description for "Other" on the Code AH to ZZ other information question.  All entries to other questions on this question are 0.  There must be a way to get around this thing

Received this email from TuboTax yesterday aftermppm:

Dear TurboTax customer,

Thank you for being patient while we investigate your issue.
We’re still working on a solution and wee'll send you an email once a fix is in place.
Thank you for being a TurboTax customer.

Sincerely,
TurboTax

This morning there was an update. After updating TurboTax, the same Form 3468 error continues to exist.  Intuit has really blown it on this one!

Is there a newsletter update about Form 3468 we can subscribe to? I have a business return that does not have K-1 to report. The code @PatriciaV  suggested does allow me to e-file, but it's asking me questions about 6-13 but my instructions say only to answer Questions 1-5 & 14, not 6-13.

The reply by Turbo Tax Expert is the correct fix to the problem. Just delete the entry on Line 20 code AB, E. Then proceed, and the questions about linking to form 3468 will not appear because there is no form 3468 being generated by the elimination of the offending Line 20 code entry. For some users, when this is done the form and error remains, just delete the form. I have be using TT for decades and I believe it is a program error. The Tax expert indicated is does not affect the return unless you exceed a large business loss (as I am typing this I cannot read her post for the amount). So the easy answer is just delete the entry and all is well. Did this on four K-1's and her advice works and is correct.
Happy Tax Day.

This programming error on TT is so frustrating.  I am filing a K-1, Form 1065 for the first time and on line 20 I have codes "AJ" and "Z".  Based on the error fixes suggested on TT Community, I removed "AJ" and the amount listed and only have "Z" listed.  Then I went into Easy Step and opened form 3468 (no entries whatsoever as others have experienced).  I can't see how I can delete form 3468.  There's no delete button and the Form doesn't even show up on the left side in Easy Step when I look for it but it's there causing error messages.  I am on the phone with TT as I write this and she is unable to figure it out either.  WHAT TO DO??  Help.

To delete the form, goto forms mode, open the form and on the bottom of the screen is a delete button. 

i am getting error regading IRS REGISTRATION NUMBER FOR THE FACITILY IN LIN 2A FORM 3468, I DONOT  HAVE THIS, I DONOT KNOW HOW TO GET RID FO THAT

I AM GETTING THE MSG FOR IRS REGISTRATION NUMBER IN LINE 2A OF FORM 3468, WHICH I DONOT HAVE THE INFO. IN MY TAXES

ind
Level 3

Omitting the code and amount did not solve the problem

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Some TurboTax customers may be experiencing an error because TurboTax is showing an error in review stating that basis for coal/gasification is missing when a Partnership Schedule K-1 with Box 20 Code AG is entered.

We’re currently working to resolve this issue. If you’d like to receive progress updates, sign up here.   @DeeDD 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you’re ok with deleting the Schedule K, (I was because all it showed was a -$25 income with no effect on my taxes), this worked:

1. Go to Step by Step, select update. 
2. Go to the offending entry, and instead of “update”, click “delete”. It will ask if you are sure.  Click “yes”

3. Exit The section

4. Return to the section. When you are asked if you received a Schedule K, click “No”

5. Go to “view files” and locate Form 3468 (Yes, it’s still there).  Click “delete”

Note that in the view form section, is still looks like there is an error, but no errors appear in the Final Review, which allows you to e-file. 

This is terrible work by Turbo Tax. You should not be forced to omit a form, no matter how innocuous because of an u corrected error in mid-March. 

I am receiving an error wanting info input for form 3468 and In My box 20 I only have codes A,Y,Z. How can I get rid of this form?

Jeff

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies