Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Error message “Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection” issue

Progress.  Contacted the Office of the President and got competent help.  See below:

Thank you for your availability today for our phone call.  As I started working on your case using the diagnostic copy of the tax return, I noticed that visiting the Investment Income screen makes the program go into “Not Responding” mode.  This may happen in your case because TurboTax is trying to gather enough resources to calculate the imported data from your Financial Institution and even though it may say it’s not responding, the program eventually calculates everything and goes back to normal (It took me about 10 minutes to open that screen).

At the moment, to save you time and frustration, I would suggest to not try to work on your tax return for now.  I will follow up with you by Monday evening to provide additional steps on how we can proceed with this, but rest assured that I’ll make sure you’re fully taken care of.

Mine freezes up when it asks me to enter some details about my investment transactions. Cant finish my taxes

@BillO2 this is great information thank you for sharing it.

Based on all this information, there is clearly a limitation on the number of investment transactions the web version of TurboTax can handle. It is disappointing that customer support provided no help and even denied this is an issue.

I doubt this bug will be fixed in time for tax filing. Keep us posted if any more progress is made.

I'm seeing a similar issue - "Hmm, looks like we've hit a snag" message when trying to edit / verify imported 1099 data and even getting bounced out of TurboTax entirely when using tax tools to try to delete the offending 1099. Has support given any of you an investigation (INV-XXXX) number?

My return is no longer frozen up and I can proceed with the rest of the data entry.  Produced a first draft of the 1040.

However, I cannot review any of the uploaded 1099-B data.  Times out.  The totals are correct, but short sales and credit options expiring worthless usually need to be edited and clarified to keep TurboTax happy.  Right now TT says I cannot eFile because of some issues in the stock transactions, and have to file by mail instead.  They say everything probably is OK, but IRS regs require mail in this instance.   I'd rather clean up the problem and eFile.

I have a feeling if I can get mine unfrozen I'm going to hit the same thing.  "The office of the president" has been helping me through it but I still get an error.   

Yup I'm getting the we hit the snag error now too

I am getting this too after importing etrade data

I ended up giving up on TurboTax Online and using the local version (specifically the Mac version).  That had no trouble importing my 220 page long 1099, although it did take a *very* long time.   The 1099 had a great many very small stock sales listed.   In the end this produced more than 2800 pages of Capital Gain (Loss) adjustment worksheets.   Clearly the online version of TurboTax wasn't up to the task.

I had 88 pages of 1099-B trades.  I'm planning to shift gears and only report the section totals.  I don't want to file a paper return, which is what the online version is requiring of me.  I heard that the IRS is still processing 2019 returns, and that a mailed-in 2020 returns will be placed at the end of that stack.  Good luck getting a timely refund.

I haven't tried this yet, but TT has a procedure on bypassing the individual transactions and reporting the section totals, which have been sent to the IRS.  Search for "How do I enter a large number of stock transactions in TurboTax Online?"  As long as the 1099 totals I report match up with the IRS records, it should be OK.

I may try to "clear and start over" with the online version, using only the summary data.

Unable to submit e-file as TurboTax asks for "Did you already pay for this product". Duh, Homer!

If you have already paid enter your confirmation number. 

Having trouble with your purchase or internet connection? We can help you here.

Of course, neither place works. Never seen this before in over 20+ years of TurboTax.

Continue button does not work.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact customer support for assistance:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

@DC71Mainz

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

A waste trying to get connected via phone. Is there only one person answering phones - continuous busy signal.

800-446-8848

Office of the CEO  I'm sure they will help. 

Ugh they block phone number I posted.   Tweet them and they will usually respond with direct message and help

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies