turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Error message IND-031-04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.

Trying to file, and it keeps rejecting. Both the AGI and the PIN are correct. I'm still waiting for my refund from last year, they say millions of people still haven't had their returns processed from 2020. I just followed advice from another post and entered zero for the AGI, apparently if last years return isn't shown as completed in the system it doesn't recognize what's actually the correct number. TurboTax support says the following - If you printed and mailed your return and it was not processed by December 10, 2021, then enter “0” for your 2020 AGI. But it still didn't go through.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Error message IND-031-04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.

Please see the below TurboTax help article for a list of potential reasons that returns get rejected due to the AGI and suggested solutions. 

What if I entered the correct AGI and I'm still getting an e-file reject?

For additional information, please see How do I fix e-file reject IND-031-04 or IND-032-04?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

They could add to the list of potential reasons, if you filed last year (a year ago, in my case!) and they still haven't processed your return and refund. It finally worked entering zero as my AGI. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies