turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

impotjnb

How do I report TurboTax Software Errors?

Form T1-General, line 31205 of step 5: reported value should be box 55 of T4. Help says it's reporting box 44 of T4. Actual reported value is yet something else that is incorrect...

@impotjnb wrote:

Form T1-General, line 31205 of step 5: reported value should be box 55 of T4. Help says it's reporting box 44 of T4. Actual reported value is yet something else that is incorrect...

This is the TurboTax US user community website.
Go to this TurboTax Canada website for assistance with a Canadian tax return or the TurboTax Canada editions - https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/tax-help

molsen99

Using turbotax online standard 2019 for Alberta.  In the student section, provincial tax questions, it didnt take me a place where I could enter the provincial amount to transfer to a spouse/parent.  only when i got to the warnings could I get to the spot to enter the provincial transfer amount.

@molsen99 wrote:

Using turbotax online standard 2019 for Alberta.  In the student section, provincial tax questions, it didnt take me a place where I could enter the provincial amount to transfer to a spouse/parent.  only when i got to the warnings could I get to the spot to enter the provincial transfer amount.

This is the TurboTax US user community website.
Go to this TurboTax Canada website for assistance with a Canadian tax return or the TurboTax Canada editions - https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/tax-help

mrunciman

First: Married filing separate filers: Each spouse needs to complete a separate IA 6251.   Turbo tax did not do this

Second: Line 2 is to pick up refund of taxes (exclude iowa income tax).  This should pick up amount from IA 1040 Line 27.  Turbo Tax did not.

Third:Based on Net Income amounts certain taxpayers are not required to file IA 6251.  You should check to see if you have this programed.

These errors would have had me paying about $500 of ATM when none was owed.

mrunciman

All of these apply to Iowa ATM Form IA 6251

Cuong
Returning Member

Form 8615D Wks, Page 2, "Family's Aggregate Line 7 Schedule D Tax Calculation".

Line 2 is for parents qualified dividends from Form 1040, line 3a. This entry is always 0. It does not reflect the actual qualified dividends amount that I entered in the step-by-step.

papa fred

Senior Citizen Credit?

You can claim a $50 credit if you were 65 or older before Jan. 1, 2019 and your adjusted gross income, less applicable exemptions, as shown on your individual or joint return is less than $100,000. If you are filing a joint return, only one credit of $50 is allowed even if you and your spouse are both 65 or older.

If you take or have previously taken the lump sum distribution credit, you cannot take the $50 senior citizen credit on this year's return or any future year's return.

overholst
Returning Member

I am trying to finish a 2019 return and my return opens and switches to Forms and will not go to step by step in the software.  It says there is an error that made it change.  How do I fix that?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

You may need to update your software.

You can do this by selecting the Online menu at the top.  

Then select Check for Updates.

Please comment if this does not work so we can assist you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am getting an error message # [phone number removed]. This causes the computer to try and reload Turbo Tax. I am using Windows 7 and Turbotax Premier. I have filed two returns with this software and and receiving this error as I am importing the 2018 info and than entering data the error occurs right after the W2 screen .  This has happened right after a Turbotax update.

Correct missing error code which Turbotax thought was a phone number.

[phone number removed]

Correct error code to  2 0 4 4 9 8 3 2 9 4

@ staubert wrote:   "I am getting an error message # [removed]. This causes the computer to try and reload Turbo Tax. I am using Windows 7 and Turbotax Premier. I have filed two returns with this software and and receiving this error as I am importing the 2018 info and than entering data the error occurs right after the W2 screen . This has happened right after a Turbotax update."

I don't know what the specific error code means, but a lot of folks using Windows 7 have been having crashes and issues with TurboTax after a recent TurboTax update.

Several users in another thread have resolved their trouble this way.  It's easy to try:

Close TurboTax.

Then do not open Turbotax yet.  First, RIGHT CLICK on TurboTax icon.

In the popup click Properties.

Click to open Compatibility tab.

Click checkmark next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:

Then select Windows 7 from drop down menu.

At bottom of screen, click checkmark next to "Run this program as an administrator"

Please report back if that worked for you or not.

Thanks, problem solved. You're a lifesaver.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies