turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

mtakei
Returning Member

How do I report TurboTax Software Errors?

Section 199A input as Code I on Line 14 on k-1 for the form 1041 does not appear to be flowing to Form 8995. If anything additional needs to be input please let me know where to input.

bologne

I don't want an 8941T form included in my return.  We don't have a business and haven't had a business for over 12 years.  How do I get rid of that form?

DanSen

The software is not letting me complete the input of my foreign income for 1116. It stops me partway through the list and the 1116 is incomplete.

Thank you for your response and the precise clarification

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

See this TurboTax FAQ for help with amending.

You can check the status of your amended return here, but allow 3 weeks after filing for it to show up.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DanSen

I have 4 sources of passive foreign income on which I paid foreign tax. The software just won't do the 1116 worksheet and form. 

JackieL1

Did you find a resolution? I am experiencing the same issue. 

On TurboTax Home and Business for 2019....

I moved from VT to NH in 2019 and entered that in the interview.   Much later, I happened to visit the Vermont Information Worksheet by chance and I noticed the state abbreviation entered in Part II - Resident Status was entered as "NV".  When I clicked into the field to change it, the drop-down list showed New Hampshire as the long description for that field, even though the two digit code displayed was NV.  To get NH to show up on the form, I had to select New Jersey from the drop-down list.  It appears the two digit codes do not align properly with the long descriptions in the lookup table in the database.  FYI.

BILL86
Returning Member

Arkansas form AR3 miscellaneous deductions line 21 shows an entry "LOSS FROM TOTAL DISTRIBUTION OF ALL ROTH IRAS" with a huge amount.  I have no such loss. I can not find where this is coming from. 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Yes. It does produce the Foreign Tax Credit without necessarily producing Form 1116. Credits are always better than deductions, but the foreign tax paid can be reported either way. To report the foreign tax paid as a credit, please see this article: Where do I enter the foreign tax credit (Form 1116) or deduction for 2019?

@DanSen

@JackieL1

AncientGeek I recommend deleting your state return and re-adding it. Before re-adding it, verify your input under the MyInfo tab from the left menu. 

BILL86 I recommend deleting your state return and re-adding it. Before re-adding it, go to the Wages & Income section with your IRAs and verify what is input there.

To delete a state and re-add it: 

• From the left menu select State>
  • Continue>next to your state, click the Trash Can icon and follow through the rest of the questions ending with Done
  • Click Add Another State>Your state>and go through the interview again.

@AncientGeek

@BILL86

robamlong

Arkansas state taxes

Form AR2

Line 18A

it does not automatically subtract the $6000 like it states on tax form.  You have to override the entry

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@robamlong

Did you have a military pension? In Arkansas, you can choose to exclude the entire military pension, or you can choose to add the military pension to other pensions and take the $6,000 exclusion.

Also, did you check that you would take the "65 Special" credit of $26 on line 7A? If you did, then you do not get the $6,000 pension exclusion. <=== this is possibly your situation

For background, see the AR1000F instructions on page 11, line 7a, and page 12, lines 17-18.

Also see this answer for another taxpayer:

A taxpayer can choose to take the exclusion for all the military retirement benefit, or waive that and add the military retirement benefit to the other retirement benefits and apply the $6,000 exclusion. You cannot exclude the total military retirement benefit AND take the $6,000 exemption.

This is laid out in an opinion issued by the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration (www.ark.org/dfa-act896/index.php/api/document/download/20180814.pdf) The opinion is full of legalese, but the salient line is

"A taxpayer claiming an exemption under subsection (e) of this section is not eligible for an exemption under subsection (a) of this section."

Subsection (e) refers to the total exemption of military retirement benefits; subsection (a) refers to $6,000 exclusion.

mdd
Level 1

Reporting errors in 2019 tax year Premier CD:  I filed a joint return as a surviving spouse; my spouse was the primary taxpayer.  I had to print and mail returns because TT did not ask for my late husband's ID or 5-digit PIN and submit them to IRS to enable efile.  It only asked for mine.  IRS rejected the return.  TT phone support could not help me.

Second error:  the North Carolina estimated tax forms for 2020 were printed using my late husband's name and SSN rather than mine, although the NC return correctly showed he was deceased.  So I'll have to download blank forms and fill them in by hand.  The IRS estimated tax forms correctly showed my info.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Please contact us here at the link:   https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/    

shevy87

Minnesota State return rejected due to simple rounding.  Schedule M1M line 2 did not tie to Federal Line 2a tax exempt interest.  Federal was correct.  State rounded up.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies