Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

efile rejection

I used Turbo Tax last year and it imported AGI and PIN from last year into this year's return: however, the IRS keeps rejecting the efile. HELP

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

efile rejection

ENTER 0 FOR AGI. The IRS took a long time last year to process 2019 returns so the AGI didn't get entered in time.

When did you file 2019? If it was late in the year or you mailed it, try putting in 0 (zero) for the AGI. And see, https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/what-if-i-entered-the-correct-agi-and-i-m-still-ge...

Go back though the FILE tab to change the AGI.

If you can’t get it to efile you will have to print and mail it.
How to mail a return from the Online version
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

Be sure to attach copies of your W2s and any 1099s that have withholding on them.  You have to mail federal and state in separate envelopes because they go to different places.  Get a tracking number from the post office when you mail them for proof of filing.

For AGI Reject code 031
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/e-file-reject-ind-031-04-or-ind-032-04-the-agi-or-...

efile rejection

unless you are sure it's an AGI issue please post the entire code and message. for AGI issues, if you filed after 10/15/2020 try $0

for some reason even when the AGI is correct, some issue with the IRS database prevents e-filing.

Carl
Level 15

efile rejection

Reasons attempts to e-file the federal tax return are rejected because of AGI.

1. Your 2019 return has not yet been processed. In this case, the IRS computer does not have an AGI for 2019. So tell the TurboTax program that you did not file a tax return for 2019, and the program will enter an AGI of $0 for you. (From my limited experience, entering $0 yourself is not enough. You need to actually tell the program that you did not file a 2019 tax return, and the program will enter an AGI of $0 for you.)

2. You amended your 2019 tax return, and the amended return changed your AGI. If you are presently using the AGI from the amended return, then try the AGI from the return before you amended it. If the other way around, then vice-versa.

3. Bottom line, the IRS computer just flat out has the wrong AGI in their system, and there's nothing you can do about it. So you have no choice but to print, sign and mail your return to the IRS.

4. Take note that after 5 (five) rejections the IRS computers flat out will not accept your e-filed return - even if the AGI and/or PIN are correct.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies