Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E-file rejected

Hello, if my e-file was rejected can I just go to the IRS website and file by mail?

Thank you,

Teresa M. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

E-file rejected

@teresamorgan0301969 You pay your TurboTax fee whether you e-file or mail it in an envelope.  The fee is for using the software..   Have you tried using zero to e-file it?   If you mail it, it will take much longer for the IRS to process it.    If you decide to mail it, it will print with instructions and the addresses to mail it to.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

E-file rejected

You need more help than we can provide in this forum.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

E-file rejected

If your return was rejected, you can follow the instructions here and then submit via e-file once again. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

24 Replies

E-file rejected

You received an email that we cannot see that tells you why your tax return was rejected.   What is the rejection code or rejection message?  If it was rejected for AGI—-be aware that many 2019 returns took so long for the IRS to process that your 2019 AGI might not be in the IRS system.   Try using zero instead.

If filing with zero is rejected then file again but select the option that you did not file last year.  The IRS does not see that question and it will allow you to e-file with no AGI question.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If that does not work and you still cannot e-file, then print, sign, and mail your tax return.

E-file rejected

Hello,

I did all of the above and still, I get the 'needs reviewing' error message. 

Thank you,

Teresa M. 

E-file rejected

you can't go to the IRS website but you can go to the Post Office. That's where mailing is done.

E-file rejected

@xmasbaby0 

So if I print it out will I still be charged?  And I send it to the IRS in my state, correct?

Thank you,

Teresa M.

E-file rejected

@teresamorgan0301969 You pay your TurboTax fee whether you e-file or mail it in an envelope.  The fee is for using the software..   Have you tried using zero to e-file it?   If you mail it, it will take much longer for the IRS to process it.    If you decide to mail it, it will print with instructions and the addresses to mail it to.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

E-file rejected

Hello, @xmasbaby0  @fanfare 

How many times do I need to submit it before selecting file by mail?  I have been rejected like 3 times already and all my information is correct.

Thank you,

Teresa M. 

E-file rejected

Hello @xmasbaby0 

I am back again, I tried selecting the file by mail but it won't let me unclick the efile box and when I try to see my forms it opens in a new window but there is nothing there?

Thank you so much,

Teresa M. 

E-file rejected

You need more help than we can provide in this forum.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time

E-file rejected

Hello, @xmasbaby0 

Thank you and you stay safe out there. 

Teresa M. 

843-412-3092
Returning Member

E-file rejected

I don't want mail my tax forms. I want to fix it and send them again

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

E-file rejected

If your return was rejected, you can follow the instructions here and then submit via e-file once again. 

E-file rejected

Hello, 

I received an e-file reject for DOB, went to fix it and now TT is saying for me to do an amend and file by mail? The TT system won't even let me to click on anything to fix this, I can click on docs, tax home, or anything?  How should I proceed? 

Thank you,

Teresa M. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

E-file rejected

If your return has been rejected, please follow the instructions here to correct the error. 

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

Take2take

E-file rejected

My e-file was rejected because they claim my spouse's AGI doesn't match but I'm using the same AGI number since we filed jointly in 2019 and I didn't get rejected.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies