Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

isyed01

E-File is not available because your tax return includes a tax situation that can't be e-filed.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

E-File is not available because your tax return includes a tax situation that can't be e-filed.

There may be forms in your return that cannot be e-filed or one of the below reasons apply. Sometimes there is just no way around mailing your return. Below you will find reasons where a tax return can’t be e-fled no matter what you do. And in these cases, it will have to be printed and mailed. 

This link will give you the instructions on how to print and mail if you are using the TurboTax Online version of the software https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1944348

The address should be on the filing instructions sheet that prints out with your return. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302281

"Below you will find reasons where a tax return can’t be e-fled no matter what you do."

So, where are the reasons????????  Thanks for nothing. This is frustrating enough without 1/2 answers and missing data.

TurboTax is blocking me from e-filing because "E-File is not available because your tax return includes a tax situation that can't be e-filed."

This is a problem for me because New York State has a mandate:

"New York State law requires income tax returns prepared using software to be e-filed. Because this New York

State tax return was prepared using software, you MUST file it electronically."

What are my options?

i know this is a little late, but add your email address that is all i did and then it let me efile

neilr

add your email address to what? where did u do that.

LaShonne48
Returning Member

What does It mean, e-file not available because of a tax situation?

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

You’re commenting on an old thread that may contain outdated information but, based on your question, you might look at the TurboTax Help article Why can't I e-file my return? for information that might be of assistance.

If you’re experiencing an e-filing issue of some sort, please provide more detail so that we can help.

where do you add an email?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You are posting on an old thread. Where are you trying to add your email?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies