turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mgarn3r

Does anyone know the street address for the Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service in Fresno, CA 93888? I tried googling it but couldn't get anything.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies

Does anyone know the street address for the Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service in Fresno, CA 93888? I tried googling it but couldn't get anything.

according to the irs office locator its at

IRS Office Fresno Map - 93721 - location
Address 2525 Capitol St.

City Fresno, CA 93721
Phone (559) 443-7741
Hours of Operation Fresno hours and services
Appointment Required Make Appointment
Distance Approximately 6 Miles

@mgarn3r    @robtm 

Careful here !...The Fresno Office closed down last September for paper tax return filing...you now send paper tax returns to Ogden Utah....however they seem to be open for other purposes.....so it's one of those why do you need the Fresno address things?:

New mailing address for some Western states as Fresno, California, paper tax return processing cente...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Mooseman2

Hi - Was this answer ever discovered? I cannot find the street address anywhere.

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

The Fresno, California IRS processing center closed permanently in 2021, as Tax Champ SteamTrain said in the reply above your post.

Taxpayers located in Alaska, California, Hawaii, Ohio and Washington state who previously filed their federal tax returns with Fresno should now mail their returns to the Ogden, Utah, processing center.

If you are looking for the IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center in Fresno, the address is 2525 Capitol St., Fresno, CA 93721.

Call first for an appointment: (844) 545-5640.

Learn more at Contact Your Local IRS Office.

@Mooseman2 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I got 

5045 E.Butler Ave

fresno, ca 93888 ??? 
it said “tas office” ?? 
that’s the one I’m going to use. Good luck! 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

You do not need a street address when mailing something to the IRS

Simply address it:

IRS

Fresno, CA 93888

What do you need to mail?  TAS is the Taxpayer Advocate Service

https://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/ 

Where to mail federal paper returns

https://www.irs.gov/uac/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

Where to mail an amended 1040X return, see page 20

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040x.pdf

They aren't trying to mail anything to the office. Like me, they received a 1099-INT from the DoT IRS in Fresno, CA zip code 93888. When in the review stage of federal taxes on TurboTax, it asks for the address of "Payer," but only the city, state, and zip code are provided on the form. We need the address for this entity.

Enter interest from the IRS like a 1099Int and put the amount in box 1.  Enter it manually and just enter IRS for the payer.  Don't enter any other info like the address or a EIN.

Enter a 1099-Int  under

Federal on left

Wages & Income

Interest and Dividends

Interest on 1099INT - Click the Start or Revisit button

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Volvogirl is right, you don't need the address. All you need is "Department of the Treasury" (although I suppose that "IRS" will suffice).

In fact, where does TurboTax even ask for an address?

It's in the Federal Review portion of the process. It asks for the Payer's address and shows a mock-up of the form with some of the information filled out and a blank box for where the information it wants will go once you enter it in.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@ryandull

Huh, thanks. When I am building tests and checking things, I don't usually get to the Review. And it's a bit strange that the Review asks for something not in the original interview.

I suspect that the original interview asked for the address and that later that was pulled out...and the Review was not updated to match.

I would delete that 1099 and re-enter it.  

I can't imagine how deleting and re-entering it would change anything. But I'll try it and update you all.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies