turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Did not receive an confirmation email

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

If you did not receive a confirmation e-mail that TurboTax received your return, please check the SPAM, Deleted, or junk mail folders in your e-mail account.

When you log back in to your TurboTax account, you should see the status of your return.  If it does not say that your return was received, try transmitting it again.

You won't receive a confirmation e-mail that your return has been accepted or rejected just yet because the IRS won’t begin accepting and processing 2019 tax year returns until Monday, January 27, 2020.

[Edited | 1/23/2020 7:15am PST]

I did not receive a confirmation email because i didn't realize that i was supposed to confirm my email when i initially signed in and created an account. I was at my final step in filing, i input my banking account info ect and was awaiting my 6 digit confirmation code.  It never came.  it was then i realized i had not confirmed my original email and didn't knw turbo and intuit were asking for the same username and password. so i requested a password update. There is where, i think the problem lies.  How can i fix this?

When can i expect to get a confirmation or rejection of my filing?

Clear as mud.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

You won't receive a confirmation e-mail that your return has been accepted or rejected just yet because the IRS won’t begin accepting and processing 2019 tax year returns until Monday, January 27, 2020.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dagrif

To Whom it may concern I am looking for TurboTax Order Confirmation from every year from Turbo tax?  Can somebody please help?

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

For further assistance, please contact Customer Support.

In this forum, we do not have access to your account information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

However, if you are looking for proof of filing your taxes you'll want to go to the IRS site for a transcript.

Here is information that will help with getting transcripts:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301999

This seems to be a fraud, I keep going over this again and again but you won't send me confirmation number by email,but I get other email s from you.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the Customer Support phone number below for further assistance:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Carth

Something must be wrong on THEIR end. I'm not getting my email confirmation number email either. I checked all Spam and Deleted folders multiple times over the last hour or two (I lost track).

I even tried (as suggested in FAQ) to change my email address, but then I never got the email to confirm THAT change. Their mail servers must be messed up.

Although they DID accept my credit card payment and sent me that receipt email. Funny that.

I did not receive email verification

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

If you are looking for an email from TurboTax confirming that your return e-file was received by the IRS or accepted by the IRS, sometimes your email provider will put it in the spam folder. Please check for it there.

Also, if you sign back into TurboTax, it will give you the status for your federal and any state returns. The state returns will not accept until the federal is accepted since the federal information is used as a base for the state returns.

coballejr

For anyone who has this problem in the future,

1. Click on 'Intuit Account' in the bottom left of your account homepage.

2. Click 'Sign in & security' on the left.

3. Click 'Verify email' in the middle of the page to resend confirmation email.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies