turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deluxe 2020 - message of forms not ready - Schedule A and Form 8283

I finished entering all my info and after the final review I received a message that my returns cannot be e-filed because Schedule A and Form 8283 are not ready by the government. Not sure how this can happen or what this means.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Schedule A and Form 8283, Noncash Charitable Contributions have been available for awhile.

Update your software.  Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Check for Updates.

Thanks! I followed the instructions to update my software however I still get the same error that the Schedule A and Form 8283 are not ready and to select "Get Final Forms" to proceed downloading them. After I click "Get Final Forms" and the software checks for updates again, and confirms that the software is up to date, I again receive the message that the final forms are not ready.

@MMDINA wrote:

Thanks! I followed the instructions to update my software however I still get the same error that the Schedule A and Form 8283 are not ready and to select "Get Final Forms" to proceed downloading them. After I click "Get Final Forms" and the software checks for updates again, and confirms that the software is up to date, I again receive the message that the final forms are not ready.

Suggest closing the TurboTax program.  Re-start your computer.  Open the TurboTax program and see if the problem of the forms not available still exists.  If the forms are still not available, then uninstall TurboTax and re-install.  That should correct the error.

Did you figure this out? Because I can't file my 8283 either.

Thank you!

It finally worked for me although I'm not sure if the suggestion from DoninGA to let the software run its updates and then restart my system helped eventually. I didn't uninstall and reinstall again. as suggested. When I first tried DoninGA steps, it didn't work for me so I gave up for the day and didn't get time to try again until two weeks later which was last Saturday.  I opened my software and tried again to complete my taxes and it finally worked with no error messages.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies