Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Delete Form 8995

I have tried everything the community suggests and nothing works to delete Form 8995.  What am I supposed to do, use another tax provider.  I figured I had better help with turbo tax, and I guess I don't. And according to your questions I am not the only one with the problem and Turbo Tax isn't helping.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

27 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Delete Form 8995

I am sorry you are having trouble deleting Form 8995.  Did you try these steps (you probably did... but just to make sure),

1. While in your Tax Home,

2. Select Tax Tools on the left hand side of your scree

3. Select Tools,

4. Select Delete a Form.

Hope this helps!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Delete Form 8995

Your answer did not help me.  I do not have a Delete form under my tools.

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Delete Form 8995

Form 8995 is for Qualified Business Income deductions. What is driving this form on your return? If you have dividends reported in box 5 of a 1099-DIV, this may be creating the form for you. The dividends are already included as part of ordinary dividends in box 1, so they can be deleted out of box 5 if you would prefer to remove this form and not take the deduction. 

If you have several QBI Components (from Sched C or E) and are having trouble with the program bringing up unwanted schedules for Form 8995-A, try deleting the QBI Component Worksheet.  The program will generate new Component Worksheets for EACH component.  All schedules related to Form 8995-A will go away.

Delete Form 8995

I have the same issue. Deleted a business from 2018, no qualifying QBI and still they won't get rid of 8995 for me and won't allow me to submit. I have a feeling it's either a glitch, or they're trying to force us to upgrade TurboTax versions *only* to be able to delete a form or something. Regardless of why, it's extremely annoying and now I'm going to have to find a way to submit on my own as TurboTax forum support is simply inadequate for situations like these. Terrible.

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Delete Form 8995

It is possible you are receiving dividends from a REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust), which qualifies for a Section 199A deduction. This does not mean you had Qualified Business Income (QBI), but you could qualify for the deduction. REIT dividends are reported on a Schedule K-1 or in box 5 of the 1099-DIV. The import from your mutual funds may have reported these transactions. 

If you have several QBI Components (from Sched C or E) and are having trouble with the program bringing up unwanted schedules for Form 8995-A, try deleting the QBI Component Worksheet.  The program will generate new Component Worksheets for EACH component.  All schedules related to Form 8995-A will go away.

1. Under Tax Tools, choose Tools
  2. Choose Delete a Form
  3. Scroll through your return until you find QBI worksheets, click Delete to the right of the form
  4. Confirm that you wish to delete the form

Delete Form 8995

Thank you for the reply. I do have a "0" value in 1099-DIV (though nothing else ever put in there in any year). I must have a glitch going somewhere. Any schedule C forms were deleted with removal of the business. It seems form 8995 remains but no ability to remove 1099-DIV value nor 8995. There are no other QBI forms to delete. It's just 8995 hanging blank and alone with no ability to move forward in the process. Seems I'll either need to start over entirely without importing from previous years, or print and send manually without involving TurboTax in the process at all as the program won't even let me move forward with sending offline.

Rach_S

Delete Form 8995

I too am having a similar issue. I think there is a glitch in the application. I had created Form 8995 by mistake, and am now unable to delete it. Having spend $70 + tax on this software, and unable to file your return is very annoying. I tried deleting the Form 8995 and its worksheet, but that option is not working. Does Turbo tax have any support to sort out these issues?

Thanks

Rach_S

Delete Form 8995

Maybe too late to be of any help to you. But this entry maybe coming from your 1099-DIV's Item 5 which reads as 'Section 199A'. This amount shows up on Form 8995, and you can update  this entry to '0' and see Form 8995 go away. As long this entry (item 5) on 1099-DIV is there, Form 8995 cannot be deleted. 

Delete Form 8995

Thanks for the effort here, Rach_S. There may be another issue/solution you've found. For me, I think it was a bug of some kind, or an issue with other versions of the Turbotax software I had installed on the computer I was using. I had to try again from scratch and without importing on a new/reformatted machine and it ended up working without issue from there. Not ideal but satisfactory for this year. I do think stuff like this and intuit's poor support surrounding these issues is reason to switch to another product, or ideally reason to push congress away from taking their money to keep us paying for products like these instead of providing a cost-free filing option. https://www.propublica.org/series/the-turbotax-trap

Delete Form 8995

There is absolutely no button that says "tax tools" while I am in "tax home". What is going on with your organization? Your suggestions are wrong. Also, I paid extra to have access to more help. How do I get it?

Delete Form 8995

Here we go again, where can I find QBI form?

Delete Form 8995

I do not have a "Tax Tools" button shown on the "Tax Home" page.

Delete Form 8995

I only show "Tax Home" and "Documents" below the "Tax Home" button.

Delete Form 8995

@smarterresumes wrote:

I only show "Tax Home" and "Documents" below the "Tax Home" button.

You have to access your 2020 online tax return by clicking one of the boxes shown on the page.  Then the links on the left side column will be available.

Working on Taxes TTO.JPG

Left Column TTO.JPG

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies