Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Date Form 8911 is available for TT 2023?

WTF? Every day the day TT indicates updates will be made extends by another day, making it a week each time. This is effing unacceptable! 

When TT slips the delivery schedule several times, they lose credibility 

It looks like TT has made some progress. Or at least it's now asking me to enter data such as Property GEOID. Where do I find this information?

NVM, I found the data it was asking for here https://geocoding.geo.census.gov/geocoder/geographies/address?form

@jmsim9703 We can tell you how it ends after you enter in all your information and run the Smart Check. 😒

I could not wait any longer on TT.  I removed form 8911 from my TT 2023 return and e-filed this morning.

Whenever TT delivers form 8911 (March 1?) I will test it.  I am 95% certain that I do not qualify for the tax credit as the location where I installed the EV charger is not in one of the two appendices.  But, if I am mistaken (which I think is not likely), I will file an amended return.  Best of luck to everyone.

My 8911 says it is ready,  but it is not calculating correctly.  I have installed two home stations that are used for two different vehicles and it is not applying either credit.  

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

The IRS made updates to Form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit. TurboTax is planning to make updates around this by 02/28/2024. Please check back then to be sure you are eligible to receive this credit.

@gbsgarrigues 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@Cynthiad66 For me on TT (desktop app), it is saying to check back on 3/2. At first, it was 2/21 then 2/28. I wonder if it will be fixed by 3/2 or will it be extended another week? I have filled all the information i.e. GEOID and Lat/Long but I am still getting a red indication on Line 1 of the form. I am only waiting because I found my location in one of the Appendixes.  

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

We appreciate your patience.  TurboTax is aware of the issue and is working with developers to resolve, however, it is a tedious process.  Also, keep in mind that other forms and issues are being worked on, as well.  This will be resolved or some type of workaround will be developed.  Please hang in there.  Come back after March 2 to e-file your return.

@learning_bytheday 

My 2023 federal return is the 13th year I've used Turbotax, and it may be the last. The fee this year increased to the highest ever, and the service is the worst ever. Extraordinarily disappointing. The e-filing goalposts based on Form 8911 (EV Home Charger Credit) keep moving - today, it's Mar 5, moved from Mar 1 (which was moved repeatedly before then). TurboTax, you supposedly are the experts! Your incompetency and delays in figuring out what the IRS meant in its Jan 24, 2024 explanation of Form 8911 is inexcusable!  As a fee-paid expert, dedicate the resources necessary to get it together - you are delaying e-filing, receipt of refunds/increase of penalties and withholding adjustments going forward for tax year 2024.

The updates to Form 8911 keep getting pushed back.  What is the problem?  Seems like the customer just keeps getting stiffed with higher software prices for TT and less performance.  This goes beyond an IT issue, your product has been on the market for many years with more than just an EV credit that creates such a hurdle.  Unacceptable!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

TurboTax is aware of issues with the Energy Credit and is working with Developers to resolve the issues.  The IRS made updates to Form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit. TurboTax is planning to make updates around this by 03/02/2024. Please check back then to be sure you are eligible to receive this credit.

The IRS made adjustments to Form 8911 in Jan 2024 and released new worksheets and explanations on Jan 24, 2024. The paid expert, Turbotax, still hasn't figured the form out over a month later and has inexcusably delayed e-filing returns as a result. This failure comes after once again touting its expertise and raising its fees. Doing less and charging more is a bad business strategy.

CatinaT1reposting the same non-answer is beyond frustrating...please stop.  If you work for turbo tax please provide an actual substantive solution instead of lies!  The form will NOT be available 3/2 per your own stupid program error messages!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies