turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

sherih

Cannot install Turbo Tax 2020.

I have tried installating and uninstalling the program at least a dozen times and keep changing the screen resolution to what you have said numerous times as well but when still hasn't helped.  I still get a blank screen.  Any other suggestions?

sherih

I just purchased the product download a couple of days ago and I still have the same issue, a blank screen.  I have installed and uninstalled probably a dozen times, i have changed screen resolution back and forth, nothing works.  Please help me!!!!!  I want to start getting taxes done!!

@sherih wrote:

I just purchased the product download a couple of days ago and I still have the same issue, a blank screen.  I have installed and uninstalled probably a dozen times, i have changed screen resolution back and forth, nothing works.  Please help me!!!!!  I want to start getting taxes done!!

Contact TurboTax support for assistance with this problem

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Or -

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Or -

Use this phone number and select TurboTax - 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

Nipper
Returning Member

I could not install on my desktop after many tries using different approaches however turbotax 2020 installed readily on my laptop! Go figure?

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Nipper You can check to make sure your desktop computer meets the minimum system requirements:  Minimum system requirements for TurboTax Windows software

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Nipper
Returning Member

My desktop is new and should easily handle turbotax 2020 but I can't install it? Yup, I can install on my older, less capable laptop but not the desktop? Go figure!

I've created an account.  Then tried to type in the activation code.  Only lets me type in 8 characters

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to us directly at the link here.  This will direct your inquiry to the correct department.  

wjbcpa

I've spent hours trying to install TT2020 on my laptop and tried all the suggestions.  The file downloads but when I click on it says "Extracting Files" and the blue bar goes all the way across and then disappears and nothing happens.   Not a techie but it seems it won't open the zipped file to get to setup. I spent a long time on the phone with TT Support and they were able to do nothing.  I was able to download to my older desktop and set it up but all my previous versions and tax returns history are on the laptop.  Now I'll try to transfer the tax history to the desktop.  Never had a problem downloading and setting up the other five older versions on the laptop, just 2020.

Nipper
Returning Member

Ditto! Wouldn't install on my Desktop but did install on my older laptop. I'm baffled. How come Turbotax programmers can't fix a problem that plaques so many?

Bob

framecrash
Returning Member

Hi folks -

I finally had a smooth installation of the TT download, 2020 dot 010 dot 0100.

If you read my previous post, Windows Update had been giving me 'heck'.  WU couldn't install Windows 10 version 20H2.  It's worth noting that my Windows 10 installation is perhaps 4 or 5 years old, but I've been keeping it up-to-date.  Or I thought I was, until I discovered the Windows 10 October 2020 Update.

See www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

After this major 'upgrade' - which took an HOUR - the WU also installed version 20H2 with no issues.  And voila, even TurboTax installed - also painless. Heck - I even felt confident enough to activate TT.

NOTE that while this fixed MY issues, it may not be YOUR problem.  Microsoft updates have been known to BSOD computers - Your Mileage May Vary.  Good Luck.

the resolution change to 800 X 600 worked and allowed the activation screen to come up for me to enter the code.  I then changed back to original resolution

purchased turbo tax on invoice qstna144235505 and can't install it on my computer

Dave202058
Returning Member

i cannot install my turbotax 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@Dave202058

If you are having an issue installing TurboTax please see this TurboTax FAQ for troubleshooting tips: Troubleshoot installation and running TurboTax for Windows

Please contact us if you continue to have an issue installing TurboTax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies