turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't Contact Accountant Assigned to Me, Now Unable to File Taxes or Downgrade

Hey everyone! So I began filing my taxes on a Sunday evening and opted for the Deluxe I believe and wanted to have an expert file my taxes for me as there were things I was unsure of how to go about.

I received a quick call from the accountant assigned to me that night who told me what else I needed to upload record-wise for him, and we rescheduled to call the next day. I waited and received no call. I reached out to him via the turbo tax portal messenger and asked if we could reschedule over the next couple of days. I waited a couple of days and never received a response or any confirmation that he had been working on my refund.

The big issue I have with this is that I'm essentially locked into this process. I can't progress further in the tax filing without the accountant, and I have no option to downgrade since I haven't gotten far enough in the process to pay for it. Since I had opted for an accountant to file for me, my normal Turbo Tax options don't populate. The only tab on the left I can click on is the "My Expert" tab. The normal tabs where I could choose to upgrade or "Clear and Start Over" as was recommended to me by Customer Support are unavailable. See the image here: Screenshot 2021-02-20 195536.png

After talking with a few people about the issue I thought about possibly deleting my account and creating a new one to work around this issue, but I discovered that TurboTax accounts are unable to be deleted. 

I'm not in a huge rush, and I'm not upset or anything, but I'm at an absolute loss for what to do now. Has anyone had this problem before? Does anyone know who I could contact in order to fix this issue?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

For assistance with contacting your full-service expert please see here

If you wish to cancel the service, please see the below steps to do so:

If you have not yet received a Welcome Call to the service, then to cancel your service:

1. Log on to your account
  2. Look in the dark gray Help Panel on the left side of the screen.
  3. Click on Leave Full Service and follow the instructions provided.

However, if this option is not available to you, you will need to reach out to your Full-Service agent by phone or message and explain why you are no longer interested in the service. You can also reach out to Customer Support for this request as well. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello,

I've reached out to my agent via message as I don't have a phone number for him and he hasn't responded to me since then. This was about a week ago as well. 

I don't have any Help Panel on the left side of my screen. In the screenshot I shared in the post, I can only access the My Expert tab. And since I haven't gotten far enough in the process with my accountant assigned to me, I haven't been billed and can't opt for downgrading or clearing and restarting the process.

I've called customer service twice and spoken with the first line of receptionists and a CPA. Both were unsure of how to fix the problem. Is there someone I should call in and ask to be connected to?

Thank you

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to us directly at the link here.  This will direct your inquiry to the correct department.  

Is there a specific department I can ask for? I've used the support link you've given previously and both times I was unable to get in touch with someone able to fix the issue.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

No specific department is needed. Any of our agents should be able to assist you. 

Cheryl125
Returning Member

Hello,

I am trying to find a contact because, I am pretty sure their is an error on one portion.  I have not filed

Thank you

Cheryl125
Returning Member

I updated to delux, how can I get a tax export to contact me?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you need to speak with a tax expert, please click here to contact customer support. 

jbanaszek

same here, same issues, my account wont reply to me either been 2 weeks  very disheartening

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you have not yet received a Welcome Call to the service, then to cancel your service:

1. Log on to your account
  2. Look in the dark gray Help Panel on the left side of the screen.
  3. Click on Leave Full Service and follow the instructions provided.

However, if this option is not available to you, you will need to reach out to your Full Service agent by phone or message and explain why you are no longer interested in the service.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies