turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

oldugly

Can I merge two intuit accounts, e.g a Mint account and TurboTax account? Both are associated with the same email address, but have separate usernames/passwords.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

54 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Can I merge two intuit accounts, e.g a Mint account and TurboTax account? Both are associated with the same email address, but have separate usernames/passwords.

At this time, there is no way to link or merge those two accounts if you have different usernames and passwords for each of them. Please see below for more details on why this measure is in place.

Note: If your Mint and TurboTax accounts have different user IDs/passwords, you won’t be able to import from Mint. However, you may still be able to import the same documents into TurboTax directly from your financial institutions (and keep the benefit of any potential year-over-year transfer in your already existing TurboTax account).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5946126

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If accounts have the same username and password, can they be merged? Separate accounts were established before Intuit owned them all. Example; email address1 is username for account 1 (Quicken and MINT).

email address 2 is username for account 2 (Turbotax). If I change the email address/username on account1 to match account2, can they be merged?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

No, you wont be able to merge these accounts. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-management/help/can-i-merge-my-accounts/00/27136

Is there any plan for implementing the ability to securely (likely having ownership fully verified [possibly with multiple factors] for both accounts before being able to proceed) merge two accounts in the future?

LindaB1993
Expert Alumni

There are no plans at this time to allow merging accounts.

Understood. I appreciate the fast update.

Consider me (among others, I'm certain [I've seen it discussed for years with Mint's support, TurboTax's support, directly via Intuit, etc.]) still looking forward to this eventually being worked on as a new feature/possibility. +1

It sounds like there's some technical reason why this can't be done automatically. However, is there any way I can accomplish this manually? I'm thinking something like (DON'T do this without confirmation):
1. Delete one of my intuit accounts (both are using the same email but not same password or account). 

2. Recreate my account with the proper linking.

3. Re-add all linked accounts to mint or lose history in turbotax, whichever was deleted in step 1.

However, I don't actually know what the deletion/recreation process is or if any of that would work. So question stands - if I am willing to do some manual work, can I accomplish merging of both accounts?

There is NO way to merge or link accounts.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I really need to merge my accounts.  I'll point out that the login page specifically calls out "One Account. Everything Intuit."

ca202

I really want to merge them too.  I have pretty much stopped using mint because this is such a pain.  It is like Intuit wants us all just to move off the platform all together.  If we have to delete our accounts and reenter the info we sure are not going to do it on intuit again!

I believe one of the main reasons is that IRS regulations for e-file providers require maintaining tax records separate from other record for at least 7 years.  I do not see how it would be possible to merge accounts and be in compliance with IRS rules.

Also, even if the same ID and PW there is no guarantee that both accounts have information for the same person.  It again would be a violation of IRS rules to mix tax information for two different persons.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 5.17.41 PM.png

This POV about IRS regulations is interesting.  Why would the login screen for TurboTax proclaim "One account.  Everything Intuit." if the intention was not to allow all of this information under the same account?

That is a question to ask Intuit marketing.     I suspect that they mean that you can have a  single ID and login that works with each, but each has a separate portal.    I suppose that they mean that is the same "Intuit" account.

zepontiff

Except in my case I just wanted to log into my old Mint account and I get the one account all intuit BS and reset my password then says something is wrong. It's a joke. Now I remember why I went to taxact in the first place. Oh well. Buh bye

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies