Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can I install TurboTax CD on both PC and Mac for only one license fee?

@SForrestLO - First, can we agree that this is stupid as downloads should not be limited to Operating System, if the Desktop version says you can use it on upto 5 machines. I am getting tired of people replying as if TurboTax is in the clear on this. Point me to any other software company that sells license code that can be installed on X machines and limits it to a specific Operating System WITHOUT INFORMING THE USER beforehand. This limitation should be printed in bold on the box. The right thing for folks to do is file a BBB compliant as mentioned by @nmughal

The right thing for folks to do is file a BBB compliant as mentioned by @nmughal 

Well, I guess the right thing for folks to do is file a BBB compliant as mentioned by @nmughal 

@rahulpandit Are you still having this issue?

I spent one plus hour on the phone with a TurboTax phone support person, explained my issue that they agreed with in principle but then at the same time said - they do not have the power or tools to help. I was going to get a call later after they  SUPPOSEDLY raise this in their research session later.  For some weird reason, the agent said they cannot keep the ticket open and have to close it out when the phone ends. [I am thinking inside - who cares if the customer is still stuck]. They were supposed to send a survey link out too.. Guess what - I never got a survey link or a call back to close on this issue.

Waited patiently for two days to get an answer before deciding to fork out an additional $50 plus bucks to get an external DVD writer and took care of what TurboTax couldn't do. My humble request to any TT official person that responds to my query - please do NOT think that my problem is solved - TurboTax is making every person facing this problem to spend more money buying e-waste [DVD writer] because TurboTax failed to honor their agreement properly.  

Please do the right thing if you do not get helped here - file a BBB compliant as mentioned by @nmughal 

I don't think support is able to help here. I have reached out personally and wasted one hour over the phone and two days waiting for a response.

SandyPT

As of 1330 on Sunday March 19, this is STILL an issue.  Three phone calls to the Support Line and an hour WASTED.  Getting increasingly frustrated as this is still not resolved.  FIX it.  

@SandyPT File a complaint with BBB. Here's the link. This is how I was able to get the issue resolved. https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/mountain-view/profile/tax-software/intuit-inc-1216-202832 

SandyPT

What do we need to say the to customer service agent so this is not a complete waste of time?  I have spoken to 3 different agents and it is like they are investigating a new problem.  This is a known issue.  Why is the solution so difficult?  I have wasted an hour and STILL am waiting for this to be pushed to my account.  

This FAQ pointed to did not answer the question. The question is how to install Turbotax on a Mac and Windows. Not how to move a previous year's data file from one computer to another. Two entirely different questions. 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@wtheus1953 

You can install a TurboTax CD/Download on your Mac and then install that same TurboTax CD/Download on your Windows computer with only one license fee.

You can check out the information here and check out the post made by rkrkrkCA for a solution on how to do this. Please respond back here if this does not answer your question.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Great. Please tell us how! I only see the Macintosh download button once I'm logged in and enter my license code. There is some terrible circular logic and endless loop in the UI here. Yikes.

Steps taken: Purchased the CD with license for download/install from CD

logged into intuit/turbotax, entered the license code

Looked under Products... Now shows the license code that I'd entered.

Download is LOCKED to Mac, won't give me the option to download/install Windows version!

This is registered with support as Case #1517798182

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies