Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

edwardgmc
Returning Member

Can I install TurboTax CD on both PC and Mac for only one license fee?

I have the same issue. I call the Customer Support as suggested, but I was asked to wait for an hour! This kind of service is not acceptable

manfromocontofalls
Returning Member

I have clicked the link and it gave me the number to call. I called the number [phone number removed] and a Bot answered, texted me the link to help with download. It directed me to a website how to download and install but it did not answer my problem and not being able to install turbotax into both Mac and Windows computer. 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please review this FAQ @manfromocontofalls.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jmi20
Returning Member

I used Turbox for 10+ years with Windows system. Now I have the save question: Can I install TurboTax CD on both PC and Mac for only one license fee? Many people suggested to call Turbox Support. What would Turbox Support respond? Anyone got this problem solved? Thanks!

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@jmi20 Please refer to the comments by Bluedeb above. You should be able to use your TurboTax CD/Download on both systems without paying extra. TurboTax 2020 software can be installed, authenticated, and activated on up to 5 different computers per the TurboTax Desktop Software End User License Agreement for Tax Year 2020.

Initially, we had the same experience as others:

"I bought a turbotax cd and download/installed in a macbook; after that try download into a window laptop, turbo tax message that: the code already in my account, it not let me to download again"

Here is what WORKED for us - Set up a NEW, separate TT ACCOUNT for the windows computer, and then installed the program with the disc, using the same code included with the CD (it may have worked as a download at that point, too, but we didn't try that so can't be sure).  It worked fine after that.

Correct ... using the CD you can install the program using the installation files on that CD  for both WIN & MAC   OS  however if you download the program for one OS  then you cannot also download for the other OS without help from tech support.  

I'm having the same issue. Did you get this to work?

xs5

What other software you ended up buying? They told me I had to buy a separate PC download, and I am ready to ask for a refund.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You are posting on an older thread. Please post specific details about the issue you are experiencing so that we can better assist you.

@xs5

The info is not completely accurate.  From the CD you can use it as you wish.  But when getting a download you will only be able to choose Windows or MAC but not both.  If you want to download both you will need to purchase 2 licenses because each download comes with 5 uses. 

JettaRed
Returning Member

That kinda sux, doesn't it?  The problem I have is that the Mac version and the Windows version are NOT identical in their features.  Further, the web version is totally different, as well.  I normally like TurboTax, but I'm getting really frustrated with each version being slightly different.

I need to import my investment transactions using an API from the brokerage I use and I have no problem with the web version, but it certainly is not available in the Mac version.  Hoping it will work with the Windows version.

@aheller wrote:

The info is not completely accurate.  From the CD you can use it as you wish.  But when getting a download you will only be able to choose Windows or MAC but not both.  If you want to download both you will need to purchase 2 licenses because each download comes with 5 uses. 

You do not.  You can contact customer support for a free download for the other platform if it was a download.

The CD has both versions.

Here is a TurboTax FAQ for contacting customer support.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has NEVER been this painful in prior years. I have called twice now to request the PC download (as I had selected Mac initially) and I have been told "you need to purchase again" twice. I told support I have always been able to receive the other platform download with NO issue previously, and they hung up on me both times.

This is completely inexcusable in an era when actual CD-ROM drives are scarce. Why am I getting a runaround this year?

Call again and tell them you bought a CD but you need the download for each platform that you have always gotten in the past and the MAC has no CD drive.  Ask for a supervisor if needed.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies