turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

snyder

Can I install TT Business on the same computer that has TT Premier installed and use both independently?

yes I know that, that is why I bought 2 premier tax programs and one business and home.. I started a business for the year 2017 . I do like 15 taxes a year I want to file them all on line that is why you have to buy several of them

Can I install TT Business on the same computer that has TT Premier installed and use both independently?

Are you charging for these tax returns?  If so, TurboTax is not licensed for a paid tax preparer.
snyder

no I dont charge them, I like to help the ones that dont have the money really to go to a tax services that charges an arm and leg to get the taxes done
timnguyen4419
Returning Member

Hello

I have TTBusiness installed. When I install TT Home Business, they ask me to remove the TTBusiness.

Anyone get this problem?

That should not be a problem.  You can have both Turbo Tax Business and Home & Business installed on the same computer for the same year.  Are you sure you didn't already have Home & Business?

Contact Customer Service
5am-9pm Pacific Time Monday - Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

timnguyen4419
Returning Member

The one already installed is TT Business 2019. and the one I try install is TT Home Business 2019. There are no problem Last year 2018. I will try one more time then call Turbotax f

willisflyers
Returning Member

I have TT Business and TT Deluxe installed on my computer.  After I enter data in Deluxe and exit,  Deluxe dumps all entries and I have to begin all over.  My tax files and entries on Deluxe are deleted and my only option is to reenter all data.

@willisflyers   Are you exiting without saving?  In Windows you have to save the .tax2019 file, although it should ask you to save when you exit.  Go up to FILE-SAVE before you exit.  Did you look for the files?  They should be in your Documents in a TurboTax folder.  Or search your computer for all files ending in .tax or .tax2019.  Did you look in the Recycle Bin?  Or where are you trying to save your files?  Like in DropBox, in the cloud or an external flash drive, etc.?

See if you have any files that start with a Tilde Sign ~.  Those are extra backup files in case you have a computer crash.  

Lautis
Returning Member

Hi, what needs to be done to achieve what is claimed in this post? I am getting following message when attempting to install "Home & Business" for the same year I already have Business installed: TT error.png

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thx

Are you sure you bought Home & Business?  How did you install the Business program?  Maybe you are downloading the same one again.  Better call in

How to contact Turbo Tax
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-contact-turbotax/00/26991

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Lautis
Returning Member

Thx for quick feedback. These are the two I like to coexist on my machine. So far it looks like TT is producing two incompatible programs, but I like to make sure it is not me. I would find it unreasonable to have to uninstall one to use the other.

TT issue.jpg

any help would be appreciated.

Did you buy them directly from Turbo Tax?  Your error message is referring to 2019.  Maybe your 2020 download is the wrong year.   Call in and try to get another 2020 download.  

Lautis
Returning Member

I bought them on Amazon. The issue exists for both years. TT versions "Home & Business" and "Business" cannot seem to coexist for the same year on the same machine. 

If anybody from TT product development is following - please chime in or fix your products.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Can you clarify which products you purchased? Also what were you trying to prepare using each one? 

If you would like further assistance, you can also reach up by phone by following the instructions here. @Lautis

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
WOC

This is still a problem!!!  Can't believe that TurboTax is not able to fix this.  so frustrated that i doubt that I will buy TurboTax next year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies