turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jp5825

Can I commute my quickbooks pro 2018 file and my latest tax return files from windows 7 and use web based quickbooks and turbotax for business solutions in 2019?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Can I commute my quickbooks pro 2018 file and my latest tax return files from windows 7 and use web based quickbooks and turbotax for business solutions in 2019?

First I don't know why anyone would switch from the superior downloaded version to the pricy online one voluntarily. And I doubt you will be able to transfer the file at all .... but you will have to ask in the QB forum or contact intuit directly ...https://forums.quickbooksusers.com/forum/quickbooks-software-support/quickbooks-pro-forum

@Critter My guess would be that the user is worried about not being able to use Windows 7 for the 2019 tax return with the desktop software and is changing to the online software to avoid upgrading his computer to Windows 10 or whatever.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@jp5825  What kind of Business return do you file?  Do you buy the Turbo Tax Business program or Home&Business?  There is no online version of the separate Business program.  Business is only a Desktop program for Windows computers. 

The online version equivalent to Home & Business is called the Self Employed version.  H&B and Self Employed versions are only for personal 1040 returns that need schedule C for self employment/Sole Proprietor/Independent Contractor etc.  

Well all Win 7 users will have to bite the bullet and upgrade and it is best to do it sooner rather than later.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies