turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

krischiu

Can I cancel everything from Turbo Tax for my paper tax return to be processed?

I have completed my tax return through a tax office due to I need to do tax return for 2 years. Turbo Tax was not able to let me do previous year. How can I delete this account for the information I have edited before in order for my paper submission to be completed? So far I only received the return from previous year but not 2021 due to this account. 
Thank you
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I'm not clear on what year you are asking about and the rest of your post.  

You can't delete accounts but you can try to clear a 2021 return but not prior years.  If you didn't efile or mail it then it didn't go anywhere and won't affect your filed returns.

If you haven't filed, registered or paid you can try to clear the current year
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-clear-and-start-over-in-turbotax-onli...

Assuming the that you did not use the TurboTax online editions for tax year 2021 to file the 2021 tax return, you can clear your tax return.

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2020 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

Note - Having a TurboTax online account does not affect in any way the status of a tax return you filed using another service or paid tax professional if you did use TurboTax to file the tax return.

Also, you could have used TurboTax for the 2020 tax return but it would have to be one of the desktop editions that you install on a personal computer.  See this TurboTax website for prior year desktop editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

If you have already transmitted a tax return using TurboTax, it can’t be canceled, withdrawal, or stopped.  The IRS has it and will process it.

if you transmitted an incorrect return, you have to wait for it to be processed, and then you will submit an amended return.  Your paid service should be able to do this for you, if you explain to them what you have done.

If you did not transmit a turbo tax return, then you do not need to do anything in order to file with a different preparer. Your TurboTax information is not transmitted to the IRS until you request it. You can clear your data for additional security, but it is not necessary.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies