Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

dennyli

Blank activation screen

Changing it to 100% and 800*600 did solve my problem immediately.  Thanks.

Pipemajor

Blank activation screen

I'll be danged if this didn't work!  It's a problem Intuit still hasn't fixed.

joneskmaz

Blank activation screen

Changing the scaling from 150% to 100% fixed the activation issue

Blank activation screen

I tried all the recommended modifications to get past the activation screen: changing resolution, turning off firewall protection.  Nothing worked.  I then noticed I had an SD card in the card reader.  Once I removed that, TT launched correctly.  When I put it back in, TT would hang at the activation screen.  So, my resolution was to removed the SD card

dfk

Blank activation screen

Genius.  After so many frustrating hours.  Thank you!

Blank activation screen

I was having problems with the Activation Page of TurboTax Home and Office 2020.I tried all of the online suggestions including turning off the pop-up blocker and virus protection. Nothing helped. I finally contacted Customer Service. The technician recommended I change the screen resolution to 600 x 800. Problem solved!

Hope this helps someone else.

Blank activation screen

I have dual display for my laptop. Cannot display the activation screen on the extended display. However, when I move the blank box to the laptop display. I can see the detail and enter the code. So, try to run the setup using only the laptop or main monitor (disconnect the 2nd display recommended). You can also try to lower the resolution of the display and see if you can see the activation screen.

j-finpdx
Returning Member

Blank activation screen

I have a 4K (3840x2160) auxillary moniter on a laptop with a 1920x1080 screen.  I changed resolution to get the software installed, but cannot get the help screen or search window to work at any resolution or text scaling that I've tried.  There are a lot of combinations. Suggestions? 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Blank activation screen

If you are unable to view the search and help screen, please click here to contact customer support..

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Blank activation screen

I attempted to download the Turbo Tax 2020 program by CD.  I have an external CD drive too.  I get to the update Turbo Tax, etc.  It does that and then the icon goes away, never opening to the program so I can begin doing my taxes.  So I double click on the icon on my desktop and all I get is the blank square that say Turbo Tax Premier 2020 - Activation and the rest is blank.  No way to click "okay" or anything.  I tried to do a repair and got the error code 1334.  So I looked that up and suggested turning off my virus protection or firewall.  I then uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Same issue.  Uninstalled a 2nd time, and rebooted my laptop.  Reinstalled a 3rd time, same problem.  Uninstalled a 3rd time and reinstalled and still get the blank white square.  So I've searched this problem online and find it is a pervasive problem.  Saw posts about changing the resolution and size of fonts. Did all that and did not work.  I was already at 100% and the recommended resolution of 1920 x 1080.  I am at a loss of what to do. Do I return the CD to Office Depot and then have to download a electronic version?  Very frustrated.  I wish I could copy and paste what I'm seeing too or download the pictures I got a snip of the issues.  

Please contact me on Monday or sooner to help resolve.

Sheila O

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Blank activation screen

Community is a public forum and we do not have access to your personal information, therefore, we are unable to facilitate a call for you. If you'd like to speak to a TurboTax representative for assistance with this issue, please see the instructions in the link below.

What is the TurboTax phone number? 

@jsoneal1957

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Blank activation screen

I was finally able to install TurboTax by running the install from an external drive, then ran into the Activation issue.  
Thanks for your help in resolving the issue, but - come on, Turbo Tax, it's March (almost April!!) Why haven't  these problems been resolved already???!!

Blank activation screen

My new Dell had the same problem, blank Activation & Help screens.  Changed from the recommended 1920x1080 with 125% resolution to 1920x1080 with 100% resolution and this fixes it, however the text is very small.  After activation changed back to 125% so I could read text.  If you need to use help you have to change the resolution back to 100%. Aa real problem that TT needs to fix.  Changing the resolution does not require  a restart of TT.

Blank activation screen

New Dell Laptop here with same issues.  Found a much longer thread addressing this issue from Dec 2, 2020, covering much of the same ground.  Finally had success after trying almost every possible permutation of the options suggested (approximately in this order though desperation sometimes leads one astray from a purely logical sequence):

* Ensure Windows and drivers have latest updates

* Turn off all virus and malware protection prior to attempting activation with the following two steps

* Vary screen resolutions (I had 18 possible from 1920x1200 to 800x600)

* Vary scaling for each screen resolution (the number of allowed scaling choices differing for each resolution)

Nothing worked.  I had originally installed TurboTax with my anti-virus protection on (TrendMicro--it asks me if I want to allow the program to make changes, and I had said yes), so I uninstalled it, re-booted, re-ran diagnostics and updates (Windows, drivers), and re-installed it with all anti-virus software turned off (very, very unhappy having been forced down that road).  I then set scaling to 100% (using the recommended resolution of 1920x1200), and it worked....I was inordinately relieved not to call Intuit and be subjected to voice menu loops, and (I imagine) tech folks required to step you through all sorts of things you know to be irrelevant or have already tried.

Absurd--This longtime user is reconsidering future tax software purchases.

My system:

New Dell XPS 13, WIndows 10 (Home edition), basically just out of the box with almost nothing installed

JBH0322

Blank activation screen

That worked - Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies