turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Attempting to change my W4 based on my 2020 data. Instructions say type 'W4' in search field and a 'jump to link' will be present, Its not.???

How do I find this link?  Why not just link it in the instructions to begin with???
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Attempting to change my W4 based on my 2020 data. Instructions say type 'W4' in search field and a 'jump to link' will be present, Its not.???

Or Go to….

Federal Taxes or Personal (Deskop H&B)

Other Tax Situations

Other Tax Forms

Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes - Click the Start or Update button

I don't have the options anymore, since I submitted my return today.  I can only "Download/print return" in my "tax home' location(left nav) and nothing but "download tax pdf" in the "documents" location(left nav)   This is frustrating.

@ben_marker wrote:

I don't have the options anymore, since I submitted my return today.  I can only "Download/print return" in my "tax home' location(left nav) and nothing but "download tax pdf" in the "documents" location(left nav)   This is frustrating.

Go to the IRS website for a withholding estimator - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/tax-withholding-estimator

Go to this IRS website to print a W-4 to give to your employer - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf

I'd rather use the service in turbotax thanks.  This makes no sense why this is so hard.

@ben_marker wrote:

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.  Then follow the instructions to access the W-4

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies