Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

puffymama

Efile not signed

I was getting ready to efile my return and thought I would review it first and noticed it was NOT signed, no did it show my pin either.  Why didn't it flag at end stating it needed to be signed with pin number?   I had to go back some steps in order to get to the pin to enter.  It did not show up the first time.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Efile not signed

An e-filed return will not have a "signature" on the "Sign here" line.  Your signature on an e-filed return is electronic.  When you entered your PIN or 2017 AGI you "signed" it.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
puffymama

Efile not signed

Thanks, but I do have the pin but when I reviewed, the pin did not show up.  When I went back a few steps on Turbotax and got back to the finish to efile, the second time it showed my pin and I had to put in the date in order for it to take, but if I did NOT take the time to review my forms, it would have been sent without the pin and without the date and probably would have been rejected.  
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Efile not signed

If you are e-Filing, you actually electronically sign. Your IRS issued e-filing PIN, or your prior year adjusted gross income (AGI), serves as your electronic filing signature. There is nothing additional needed.

This is proof that you are you. You would only Sign the Return if you were to Print your Return to File by Mail. If you Print and File by Mail, then you would actually Sign on the bottom of the 2nd Page.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
puffymama

Efile not signed

Turbotax stated it was ready to efile and it did NOT have the pin # nor the date showing on the form when I reviewed.  When I went back and went through the same previous 3 questions, it then came to the page where I put in the date of efiling showing my pin, but this did NOT show the first time when it stated ready to efile.  I would just like to know why it did not show up the first time I went through the steps and why it did not flag at the end showing an error of not putting the pin or the date of efiling.
puffymama

Efile not signed

Also, how do I get a hold of a Live US based TurboTax product support via phone which is one of the perks of purchasing the Deluxe edition?

Efile not signed

There is an extra fee to upgrade from regular Deluxe to Deluxe Live.  
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4124827-how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-live">https...>
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/onlin...>
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
craig_yen

Efile not signed

My mortgage lender requires a "signed" 2018 return. How do I provide proof of signature when I e-filed?

Efile not signed

Print out your return and sign it in ink.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies