Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

After filing Automatic Extension for 2018, I realized that I had underestimated my taxes and made a special payment to IRS on May 2019. Where do I enter this payment in TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

After filing Automatic Extension for 2018, I realized that I had underestimated my taxes and made a special payment to IRS on May 2019. Where do I enter this payment in TurboTax?

When you requested your extension you were supposed to pay your estimated tax due.  Did you enter the payment you made into your tax return?  Go to Federal>Deductions and Credits>Estimates and Other Taxes Paid>Other Income Taxes  This will show up on line 17 of your Form 1040

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

So to clarify my situation:

1) I filed an extension for my 2018 taxes in April 2019 and paid $XX with my extension filing,

2) In May 2019 I realized that the $XX tax I paid with the extension was not sufficient.

2) So in May 2019, I sent in an additional payment of $YY to IRS.

Where do I include the $YY payment in my Turbotax filing?

Thanks

Rajat

How did you sent it?  Did you use a form?  Which form, 1040ES, 1040V, etc.  Or did you pay directly online and pick the right year 2018?

I did a direct online pay and specified 2018 as the tax year.

Thanks

Rajat

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies