Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

After each update Tubotax Application keeps asking for License code to be activated

This does not work for TTax 2021.  When I double click on the tax return to open it, I get the same activation screen.

After each update Tubotax Application keeps asking for License code to be activated

Thank you for your response/support/encouragement, @SteamTrain 

I just spent 30 minutes with TT tech support.

Blaming your video drivers is the first excuse, and then its your firewall, and then let's try uninstall-reboot-reinstall because "it might be a Windows 10 problem."

The "800x600, 100% scaling and click around and try to paste and cross your fingers until it works" is the official fix.

...and TT has no clue why.

Good luck to all!

Freddieboy
Returning Member

installed update on Nov 21, 2021   request is to activate...  already actived in Oct   ask for code   gave correct code i think but does not accept.   seems strange that i would have to activate for a second time after an update???  

Yes, each time the app updated, it asked me to reactivate.  The "800x600 solution" is the only way forward.

...and the tech support team doesn't know why.  Sad.

JOQ
Level 1

This did NOT bypass the request for activation!

amoffajr

Your workaround, double clicking on the tax file, doesn't work if you select "OK" when it asks about doing an update to the program.  Over the years, we've all become accustomed to updating this application EVERY time we start it.  So what's the solution now? 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. Please see What is the TurboTax phone number? for instructions. 

@amoffajr

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I can't find my license code anywhere. I have the Serial Number as :  [PII removed]. How do I get the license code? Bought it online and can;t find the email with license code. I only have Serial Number as :  [PII removed].

Unfortunately this solution doesn't seem to work on a Mac. I opened TT today, using the same configuration as I had when I last updated it (actually a new code, as Intuit gave me a new one when I used up my allocation at the beginning of the month). 

TT updated. Didn't ask for the code. Yes! The exact same configuration seems to work! Closed TT after enetering some data. Opened it again later - same configuration, same day. No updates needed. BUT IT WANTED MY LICENSE CODE AGAIN! 

Why can't intuit get this fixed? It was a problem a few years ago, then stopped,, but is now back with a vengeance

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

What Mac version are you currently using?

@pneame

Catalina 10.15.7 - I'll need to upgrade to Big Sur next year. I'm not inclined to do that before I have taxes finished as TT will undoubtedly treat it as a new computer. 

this is ridiculous wtf?????

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@pneame In this public forum we are limited in how we can diagnose and resolve technical issues.  Thank you for replying with additional information and your OS version.  We will escalate your report of this issue and hope to have a resolution of this soon.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I don't know whether you saw my experiment on another thread (and a surprising result from user krochat) - 

-----------------------

I did the experiment - 

Earlier today updated TT. Did not need code
Later today, re-opened. Needed code. No change in configuration although it is possible that backup software mounted and/or unmounted drives
ejected all drives (but still connected) - tried starting needs code
Physically disconnected all drives neighbors guest wifi, used activation code (2 used so far)
Reconnected external drives
Wanted activation code
Physically disconnected all drives
Didn't want activation code

--------------------------

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies