turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

After a call with a turbotax expert, I got an email: 'Follow-up from your turbotax expert.' It said to sign in to see the msg. After signing in I cant find the message.

Where can I look within turbotax online to find this message?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

After a call with a turbotax expert, I got an email: 'Follow-up from your turbotax expert.' It said to sign in to see the msg. After signing in I cant find the message.

I was able to solve my issue.

My guess above was correct - I needed to have Turbotax Live in order to get the message.

I used the 'help' menu to contact support again, but this time when it refused to allow me to proceed without upgrading to Live, I accepted.  I did not have to pay for the upgrade though (or at least not yet).  Because payment is required when you file and my taxes have already been filed, it unlocked the feature without payment and I was able to view the message from the expert.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have a currently-open return, and I don't have any floating 'live help' bubble.

Do I need to amend a previous return in order to get that bubble to appear?

@calin wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have a currently-open return, and I don't have any floating 'live help' bubble.

Do I need to amend a previous return in order to get that bubble to appear?

You can open your 2019 online tax return so that you can use the procedure to access the message.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

I tried that, but still do not have a 'live help' or similar button.  I even tried to open a new ticket just to figure out how to read the response to my previous ticket, but it wouldn't let me.  It invited me to pay for Turbotax Live, but that's absurd - I just want to find the answer that was already sent to me.

Sounds like you might have another account.  It's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

Thanks for the suggestion.

I only have one account tied to my email address.

Here's what I think is going on - you guys can tell me whether it sounds likely.

First, there's a 'live chat' option which is available through the turbotax live service, which I have not paid for.

As a promotion or something, when I navigated through the help feature it gave me a one-time-offer to connect me to an expert.  I didn't notice anything about it being a one time thing, but that's my guess.

I was connected to an expert, who was helpful and knowledgeable.  She told me she would gather what I needed and send it to me, which she did.

But because I am not a turbotax live subscriber, and that one-time-offer is now over... I am left with no way whatsoever to get the message the expert sent me.

Does that sound likely?

I was able to solve my issue.

My guess above was correct - I needed to have Turbotax Live in order to get the message.

I used the 'help' menu to contact support again, but this time when it refused to allow me to proceed without upgrading to Live, I accepted.  I did not have to pay for the upgrade though (or at least not yet).  Because payment is required when you file and my taxes have already been filed, it unlocked the feature without payment and I was able to view the message from the expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies