turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Activation Code

I already installed and activated TT in my computer with the activation code and it worked perfect. The next day I attempted to review my taxes and it is again asking for an activation code. Why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

228 Replies

Activation Code

Each time i restart turbo tax it asks for my activation code again--that can't be normal--can it?
Mark

JohnR3

Activation Code

Yes. What gives with the code! I experienced the same issue today. Unable to get into my completed file. This is the first year they require a code! How can we contact Turbo Tax help to correct this. 

Activation Code

I had to enter the activation code each time I started the program. I save my tax files on a flash drive and I found that if I start the program with the flash drive removed it starts normally but if flash drive is inserted it asks for the code....

Activation Code

I had the same problem....... Finally found that it only requests the activation code when my flash drive is inserted when starting the TT program. I store my tax files on the flash drive.

Activation Code

Hi Mark and Others,

To avoid re-inputting your "activation code" do NOT exit the TT. Merely minimize it on your computer and when  your ready to continue with it merely click on it...I know it is a "pain" but it beats running out of the 5 activation code TT allows....go figure!!

Activation Code

Thank you JTN80.  Having the same problem. TurboTax worked for a while then started asking for the activation code.  In my case it is a USB SD card reader that is causing the problem.  Doesn't even matter if it has an SD card in it or not.

Activation Code

I had the same issue and have burned through 3 activations. Am going to call and complain. It should not look for a memory stick when starting. JEEZ!

PK76052

Activation Code

Purchased TT Deluxe download from Amazon Prime 2/2020

Downloaded fine but where is the access code?

It is not the Amazon order number.

Activation Code

You are looking in the wrong area for an answer to your question. This thread deals with trying to figure out why it keeps asking for an activation.

Activation Code

Not it is doing it even without a memory stick. Any ideas?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Activation Code

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to learn more.

TurboTax 2019 requests license activation at every launch

If you're using TurboTax CD/Download and have installed and activated the license number, you may receive multiple activation prompts, which results in TurboTax not launching.

Who's impacted?

You're impacted if you:

• Are using TurboTax 2019 CD/Download
  • Have successfully activated your license
  • Are prompted to activate every time TurboTax launches
  • Have a valid activation code
  • Never get TurboTax to open after activation

Resolution

This error is caused by the Internet connection being unable to resolve connection to our server for license activation. There can be many reasons for this and they may not impact regular Internet usage and activity.

One of the following methods should resolve this issue. If they're successful, TurboTax will skip activation and open the starting screen where you can begin or continue your return.

If the product continues to prompt you for an activation code you have been unsuccessful.

@PK76052 If you downloaded TurboTax directly from an authorized retailer, your license code should be included in your order confirmation. Check your email or your order history. If it’s not there, you’ll need to contact the retailer directly.

If you obtained the TurboTax CD from an authorized retailer, your license code is printed on the front of the insert in your box. 

If you obtained the TurboTax CD directly from TurboTax.com, your license code is printed on the packing slip.

If you obtained the TurboTax CD through TurboTax Advantage, your license code is printed on the envelope.
Still can’t find your code? Please click here to Contact us.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Activation Code

I have only downloaded my software on 4 devices.  How do I fix this issue?  Also, I updated my windows on one of the laptops and it is asking for the activation code again and now indicates I have already maxed out on the number of devices I can download the software, but I already had this on this particular device.  This new license code had cause many issues this year.  What is the fix?

-Tony

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Activation Code

Please reach out to us directly at the link here for further assistance:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Activation Code

I'm having the same issue and cannot finish my tax return. I've used Turbo Tax for years, but this will make me change companies!  What a pain.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies