Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

wsmckay

2022 Turbotax Form 8915F-T - Cannot e-file

I received the same "error code" and it said the form would be ready this morning and it was.  I successfully filed this morning.  Please give it another shot.

Are you sure?  I just asked a representative and it's not ready just yet.

Yesterday I could not file online, today I could!

Yes, I was finally able to file last night and I have received notification that both federal and state were accepted. 

Yes, i can see that but the form isn't ready so my concern is that you will have to amend it if any issues come up.  Hopefully no issues.

The form was included and completed in the return that I filed yesterday evening. 

This is a pain every year.  But I can confirm like others have that the eform was there today and I completed/e-filed my taxes.

The only oddity for me was the wording.  I took my Covid distribution in 2020 and spread the income over 20, 21, and 22.  I paid back some amounts in 2021 and 2022.  Turbo Tax asked me if I took a distribution in 2020 and when I answered Yes, it brought back all of the data from last year's filing. But then it asked me if I paid back any of the '2021' distribution in 2022.  I am hoping it is written incorrectly.  It never asked if I paid back any of the '2020' distribution in 2022.  Since it gave me no other choice, I just answered Yes and entered the $$ amounts paid back in 2022.  

I'm curious if anyone else noticed this.  

It loaded for me last night, finally. All filed. TurboTax, I hope you have a lotta new customers in the wings, cuz I’m done. 
Bu’bye. 

So efiled yesterday like many others and woke up today to it being rejected.  Looks like Turbotax is inputting invalid Fema number on LIne C "Covid-19" that according to Line D should be left empty.  I'm trying to manually edit that form in Turbotax to remove that invalid code but Turbotax does not allow you to edit that form manually for some reason!!!???

Returns keep getting rejected.  See picture.  It clearly states that "Coronavirus" should not be listed on Line C but line D box should be checked.

taxreturn 8915F.PNG

As long as "coronavirus" is listed on line C it is getting rejected.

Any advice @DavidD66 ?

Tmoreno
Returning Member

Is there any way to clear that section?

Same issue here. I went through the steps of correction- uncheck the box, recheck the box, make sure Line C is blank in the drop down, preview the taxes and sure enough the COVID word is still sitting on Line C. I can not remove it manually. 

Yep, tried completely deleting 8915F-T form in Forms editor then walking through steps again and still adds the erroneous data. VERY FRUSTRATING!

That's interesting. My return was filed on the evening of the 8th.  I just checked it and my Form 8915-F doesn't have anything listed on Line C and the proper box is checked on line D.  It was accepted quickly after I filed it.

I wonder if there is an option / answer people could be selecting unknowingly during the process that is causing the wrong info to be entered because it's not simply a problem with the form since some are being submitted correctly. 

Experiencing the same error for "Coronavirus" being listed on line C when it should be blank. Frustrating because there's nothing we can do to delete it out of there in the online version.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies