Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2022 Turbotax Form 8915F-T - Cannot e-file

Has someone reported the Error to Turbotax?

I can see no way to edit or correct this error manually in the online Turbotax platform.

Pretty sure you can edit any entry on your form manually.

Very frustrating!  I just spent an hour on the phone with Turbo Tax and no resolution.  It appears that Turbo Tax is incorrectly filling out form 8915-F by inputting "COVID-19" in line C-1 when in fact it should be left blank if the distribution was COVID related.

TurboTax has offered no resolution, escalation, or next steps - other than "print and mail in the return and the IRS will fix the mistake".  Really?

You can't manually edit the form to remove that entry?

@msromike no you cannot - at least on the online version; not sure about the desktop version

A whole lot of people should start messaging and posting on the TurboTax FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/?mibextid=ZbWKwL

No you can not for some strange reason.  Using the Desktop version and editing is locked out in forms mode.  Seems like that form is auto generated and no way to manually adjust it, unlike other forms.

I just called and spoke to the Turbotax Customer service.

They are aware and there is an investigation into the 8915-F form error, and they said to try back in a few days.

I let them know its putting "Coronavirus" on Line C and it should not be, and there is no way to edit this out.

*shrugs*

Maybe if others called too, they would escalate things?

Customer Service Number: 1 800 44-8848

Posts are being moderated and deleted. I just posted an update, with the Customer Service Number referenced for others to call in and make them aware of the issue, and the post was deleted. You can just google Turbotax Customer Service and get teh phone number.

Ok think I figured out a workaround for the issue.  Go to Forms, then look for 8915E-T Wks.  That had a Fema disaster number entry 'COVID-19', that I WAS able to delete.  Then once I checked the 8915f-t form, line C was now empty as it should be.  Not sure why, or where this wrong entry is added, but seems to fix issue.  Just refiled, and we'll see what happens.

Tmoreno
Returning Member

How can you find the forms section online? I do not see a place to look up 8915F-T.

Please help 

I’m having same issue !

Having the same issue.  I was told they are "working to fix the issue."  It is printed clear as day, the FEMA line should be left blank for the COVID distribution.  After all the delays with this form, again, you would think they would have caught that issue.

and I do not believe you can access forms for the on-line version.  I called and spoke with someone, and they cannot even access specific forms.  They will have to fix it in the software and I assume update it..

I’m done with this company !!

spend over an hour trying to fox this issue and they have no answers!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies