turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hshenkarow
Returning Member

2021 stimulus

okay, so I believe I somehow created two profiles on turbo tax, one for doing my taxes 2019 and one for 2020. the bank account I used to collect my refund in 2020 I ended up closing. the new refund is supposed to be going to my bank account I used in 2019, yet since it was a different profile, I do not think that that bank account is going to be found. what do I do? I cant even find the profile I used in 2019. need help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

2021 stimulus

When you file 2020 you can enter the new bank account in the File tab.  Have you filed 2020 yet?

For the Stimulus Check.....

The IRS will stop mailing Stimulus checks on 1/15 so if you don't get it by the time the efiling opens at  the end of the month you can apply for the missing money on the 2020 return.  

The Stimulus Checks are really based on your 2020 return we are filing in 2021.  So any amount you already got will be reconciled on your 2020 return line 30.  If you didn't get a Stimulus Check (and qualify) or you qualify for more it will be added to your 2020 return.  But the good news is if they paid you too much they won't take it back.

When you go through the federal review tab it will ask how much you got if any.  Or to enter your stimulus payment in TurboTax, type "stimulus" (without the quotes) in the Search box, then click the link that says "Jump to stimulus."

kityhill

2021 stimulus

I got 600 more in 2021, why would I declare that in 2020 info???

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

2021 stimulus

You are not paying taxes on the stimulus, you are reconciling the amounts you received.  If you did not receive one or both of the stimulus payments or if the amount was incorrect, this amount will be included in your refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

2021 stimulus

The stimulus payments EIP1 and EIP2 are advance tax credits based on the 2020 federal tax return.  You are required to report both stimulus payments received on the 2020 federal tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies