Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

2021 form 8839 available?

It may take longer for one form or another to show up in TurboTax for multiple reasons. Our goal is to provide you with the most accurate information possible. As part of this process, we communicate often with the taxing agencies.

For up-to-date status, refer your customer to the federal and state forms-availability articles.

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

If the form becomes available sooner than currently published on that Help Article, the article will be updated to provide the new availability date.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
srballin82
Returning Member

Once again, we've been led on to believe this form will be ready in TurboTax. At this point, you should be providing a refund and/or vouchers to use a different tax service. We choose TurboTax because it's generally reliable, but what is unbelievable is that a form that's needed for people who have incurred potentially bank-breaking expenses, you continue to push out. And for what reason? Is the IRS somehow directing you to do so because they don't want to pay out large refunds? This is insane that you're not recognizing the needs of your customers here.

Dealing with the same issue myself. It's about to cause me to use other software for the first time. 

I have been a turbo tax user for years, and I definitely don’t like change, but I am so upset they don’t have this form available, I’ve never had this issue with them before. I decided to file with taxact.com instead and form 8839 is available through their site, my Federal was accepted in about 10 minutes, still waiting on the state to be accepted, but I’m sure it will be accepted shortly, turbo tax has unfortunately lost my business. 

Well this will be the last year I will be using TurboTax in fact I have purchased H&R software to finish my taxes this year. They have now lost a loyal customer.

I am definitely thinking if this don't get resolved by the 3rd then I will be filing through someone else ..

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8839.pdf   

Here Turbo Tax download this and get it in gear!!. 

I called twice in the past 2 days and complained, finally I asked for a refund (2-3 weeks for refund) and went home and just went thru all the forms I submitted on TurboTax and just filled them in on Tax Act, took me less than 1 hour, and e filed them tonight. All for $24.95. I won't be using TurboTax anymore going forward, because obviously they don't have their crap together

Turbo Tax has lost my 10 year business as of this year!!!! Due to this form not being available, date change 3xs. I filed with HR Block and was accepted under 5 mins. Requested a refund from TT which was denied!!! They will NEVER get me again and it's a shame because I prepare over 2 dozen of my family & friends here as well, but I will be preparing them with HR Block as well!! This SO VERY UNPROFESSIONAL OF THEM!!!!

Also with taxact my state was accepted in 30 minutes. I also do a lot of family members taxes and I will be using taxact instead of turbo tax! 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

It may take longer for one form or another to show up in TurboTax for multiple reasons. Our goal is to provide you with the most accurate information possible. As part of this process, we communicate often with the taxing agencies.

For up-to-date status, refer your customer to the federal and state forms-availability articles.

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

If the form becomes available sooner than currently published on that Help Article, the article will be updated to provide the new availability date.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you so much for your responses. When I realized TurboTax is the reason I can't submit my taxes, I couldn't sleep, so last night I got out of bed at 1:30am and went to taxact. And my taxes were submitted and accepted by 3:30am. Such a relief. 

Has anyone that filled under tax act with form 8839 had any updates on their transcripts or WMR as of yet? I filed on February 17 and haven't had any movement as of yet, but I filed my parents return on turbo tax 3 days later without firm 8839 and they are getting their return on March 1st. It seems last year took almost 2 months to get our return with the adoption credit, is this the norm or are they just taking forever for me?

I filed my tax’s with Tax Act because they have form 8839. I filed on February 17th. Still no movement as of today. I check every day since filing and it seems like with form 8839 tax’s are taking a little longer.

Yes they did last year as well, I filed 1st week of February last year and didn't receive my DD until April 15th

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies