turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2019 TurboTax Home & Business , I trapped on the download CA state loop

After installed 2019 TurboTax Home & Business , I  trapped on the download CA state loop when I start California State tax return.

What is wrong?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies

Did you run a program update prior to trying to download the state program ?    

Yes, I did.

I also tried to re-install TT  in Administrator mode and I ran it as Administrator, and using Windows 8 Compatibility mode.

When I click "start", always show me getting state update, then your software is up to date, but never get into State Return screen page.

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Thks for your Info.

I called yesterday and told to  their Tech Support :
I had tried all suggetsions from these and more articles, unistalled/Installed TT, and Manual update TT, but all of them are not work for me! I still Stuck in California state download/install loop. She told me they  will do the deeper investigation, but this afternoon  they sent me these junk articles and ask me call them again!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a few different basic troubleshooting articles that relate.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/turbotax-needs-to-check-for-updates-l...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/administrator-rights-in-windows-7-8-and-10/00...

internet connection: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/check-your-internet-connection-windows/00/257...

manual update

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-soft[product ke...

If you still have trouble or need other help, just sign back in to TurboTax and click Search or Contact at the top of your screen (or Help Center if you’re using the CD/Download version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My TurboTax 2019 properties:

20200114-TT.jpg

Finally, Turbotax fixed CA State download bug and posted CA state update today.

Solved my problem.

@Critter , Thanks for your help!

For what it is worth, this seems to be a common problem this year, which TurboTax support doesn't seem to acknowledge or understand yet.  There are about a half dozen forum posts, or more, with this same problem.  

I had problems with Win/download/Deluxe and CA state.

I went through about a week dealing with the social media support folks (I wasn't around with my PC to phone in).  I forceably uninstalled and reinstalled about 3 times.

But, you shouldn't do any of that. 

Call turbotax support, and they will screenshare with you, and you show them that it is stuck.  Ask if there is a standalone download of your state -- which they can add to your account, and you download from "my downloads".  The download took about 10 seconds, and installed in under a minute, and then I was able to continue with my return.

In case any TTAX software technical folks care to try to actually fix this problem:

Though no error is shown to the user, there IS an error logged in 

C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\TurboTax\TY19\ErrorLog\TTWin.A5830904-[somedate].log

In that file, I see the following error code

2020-01-25 15:12:05,357 [1] 2019.41.14.207 ERROR Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service -
   TaxReturnStates::AddStateToReturn threw exception starting/editing S2019ZCA
   Unknown Group Template Id: S2019ZCA; ServiceName=TaxDataModel; ServiceOperation=CreateGroupCopy; ImplementationClass=ManagedFacade.TpsTaxDataModelServiceImpl
   Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.ServiceOperationException: Unknown Group Template Id: S2019ZCA; ServiceName=TaxDataModel; ServiceOperation=CreateGroupCopy; ImplementationClass=ManagedFacade.TpsTaxDataModelServiceImpl
   at ManagedFacade.TpsTaxDataModelServiceImpl.CreateGroupCopy(CreateGroupCopyContext context)
   at Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.TaxDataModel.TaxDataModelService.CreateGroupCopy(CreateGroupCopyContext context)
   at Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.TaxDataModel.TaxReturnStates.FindOrCreateGroupCopy(String formsetId)
   at Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.TaxDataModel.TaxReturnStates.AddStateToReturnByFormsetId(String formsetId)

Well what you may not know is the program is sooo complex that they cannot possibly test for all the possible issues which makes all the eager beaver early filers the unwitting beta testers ... and until you bring an issue to their attention they don't know what needs fixing.  The program is usually not mostly  bug free until March 

I totally believe it … except that unlike a beta, the support folks seem totally uninterested in gathering error logs or information of any kind to fix this sort of thing.   I guess as people start gearing up in February, the support call volume probably will spark interest

I am stuck in the loop now as well trying to download CA taxes with 2019 Premier I bought from Costco. 

Any suggested fixes aside from calling TT? 

You just have to call to get a standalone download.  They are open Saturday..

We are in mid of march and I ran into that issue. It downloads CA state and goes into a loop. I logged into my account and TT let me download/install the CA state but keeps gong into a loop. I even started a new return but no improvement.

jet15
Returning Member

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@ministar4u

Try this. 

State Loop indicates TurboTax is "up to date" after updating but won't allow you to Install your state return. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/state-loop-indicates-turbotax-is-up-to-date-after-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies