turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1099-NEC - Software issue?

I have a similar issue using the Home and Business edition.  I enter my 1099-NEC information and it looks good.  Then I enter my wifes's 1099-NEC under a different business and it overwrites my 1099-NEC info.  I keep running updates, but the problem still exists as of Feb.3.  This needs to be fixed.

@Bruce73Exactly. Thank you.

My 1099-NEC is changing to my husband. I change it to me but it consisitanly reverts to my husband and this not his income but mine. I can not get this to change; therefore I can not submit my taxes.

My 1099-NEC is changing to my husband. I change it to me but it consisitanly reverts to my husband and this not his income but mine. I can not get this to change; therefore I can not submit my taxes.

Developers are aware of this problem and are working on the issue.  They acknowledged the issue in my posting a few days ago.  Its a major issue and I do not want to try the work around. I want to make sure I do not mess something up...

Turbo  Tax gladly took my payment but kicked back my filing due to the 1099-NEC link issue. Only recourse is to sign up for notifications when the bug is addressed. They should not have accepted payment if I can't file due to a software issue.

I am wondering why there is a green button that shows "SOLVED" in Turbo Tax for this issue? Has anyone received a message that this issue has been solved? And any word on how to get the 80 dollars refunded that I spent on the upgrade to chat with a tax PRO that told me he is having the exact same issue on his personal taxes???

Why am I not able to link my 1099-NEC in TurboTax Online?

Some TurboTax Online customers are getting the error below when attempting to link their Form 1099-NEC.

@koolaide64 wrote:

I am wondering why there is a green button that shows "SOLVED" in Turbo Tax for this issue? Has anyone received a message that this issue has been solved? And any word on how to get the 80 dollars refunded that I spent on the upgrade to chat with a tax PRO that told me he is having the exact same issue on his personal taxes???

Why am I not able to link my 1099-NEC in TurboTax Online?

Some TurboTax Online customers are getting the error below when attempting to link their Form 1099-NEC.

The FAQ's all indicate Solved when the FAQ is written.  There is a sign up link at the bottom of the page 

If you are experiencing this issue, please sign up here for email updates as we are working on the issue.

Okay, good to know. A little misleading, but at least that answers my question. Thanks!

My husband had a 1099NEC form but we are not self-employed and did not have a Schedule C.  However, I used the staps given earlier and was able to go into Forms and then find the 1099-NEC and check the box that said "Apply to Spouse" as I am the primary in Turbo Tax.  That did the trick!!  I reviewed all detail reports twice before submitting, but just checking that box fixed everything in all forms!

I received a cryptic email about my "ticket" being closed, so I opened TurboTax today, updated it, and then put my 1099-NECs in with no problem. The issue appears to be resolved.

I just attempted to address to see if the problem was fixed, to no avail. Same issue. Frustrating to say the least.

It is fixed on Turbotax Deluxe for PC. I downloaded updates yesterday, and it worked fine.

I did not get any message saying it was fixed like kgeoffrey did.  However, I did download an update over the weekend that appeared to resolve the issue.  The software took the two separate 1099-NEC forms and kept them separate.  I did not complete my taxes yet or run the reviews at the end, but it looks like the problem is resolved for me.

donb0130
Returning Member

1099-nec will not be assigned to my spouse....just to me....feb 20

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies