turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wolfhunt
Returning Member

Problems continuing when transferring 2019 return into 2020 and loading newly saved 2020 files

Starting my return with Turbo Tax 2020 Deluxe and when I go to transfer my 2019 return (from same program except 2019 version), TT finds my 2019 return, I click transfer, it says it is reading file then doesn't continue on. 

The file still opens in TT 2019. I have tried the version saved last year and tried resaving but TT won't continue past the transfer.

I went and started a 2020 return from scratch and now if I try to continue the 2020 save it says the file is corrupted and I need to start over. 

Basically TT won't let me transfer or start a return as it's saves (that it saved only minutes ago) are being read as corrupted. This is a mess and I am unable to do any of my return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
LeslieW
Returning Member

Problems continuing when transferring 2019 return into 2020 and loading newly saved 2020 files

I am experiencing the same issue.  My work for past few hours is down the drain.   When I ran the diagnostic tool in "uninstall" feature, I got an "error installing , error code 1334", not sure if this is related.  

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Please click the links below and follow the troubleshooting steps. If you still continue to experience the same problem, please click the link to contact TurboTax customer support.

Error 1334: Error installing C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\TurboTax

Troubleshooting problems with Windows Installer and the Microsoft .NET Framework

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies