Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My turbotax page has no menu

I don't like this service...the bots don't answer my questions
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

You have not posted any questions under your username usedfranklast.

What are your questitons?    And....we are not bots.  We are actual people.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Are you using Online TurboTax in a browser, or are you using the Mobile App?   In the Mobile App if the menu is collapsed and out o sight, you can bring up the Menu by tapping the menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen.

I had a menu for all the time I was working on my taxes and then last weekend poof it's gone. The TurboTax rep that I was going to chat with to go over some questions could not figure what has happened.  Thought maybe just a glitch for that day but now three days later and still no menu. Not even a search bar at the top to be able to go to sections. 

@Mom2crs1 wrote:

I had a menu for all the time I was working on my taxes and then last weekend poof it's gone. The TurboTax rep that I was going to chat with to go over some questions could not figure what has happened.  Thought maybe just a glitch for that day but now three days later and still no menu. Not even a search bar at the top to be able to go to sections. 

What operating system---Mac or Windows PC or mobile?

What product are you using--Online TurboTax in a browser, the Mobile App on a phone or tablet, or the desktop software (CD/download)?

If Online TurboTax, are you using a phone or a computer?   And what browser?

I am using windows PC with chrome and using the online version of turbo tax. 

Clear your cookies and/or try a different browser.

When you log in are you given the option to continue the return ?   Or does it say "congrats you filed"? 

Cleared cookies. Had not tried to sign in to see if things had changed prior to deleting cookies but it is working now. Thank you!! What a relief! 

skeemekim

Same here.  No menu "on the left" as the help chat suggested. 

@skeemekim wrote:

Same here.  No menu "on the left" as the help chat suggested. 

You have to sign onto your 2019 online account using the exact same User ID you used to create the online account.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the User ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your 2019 account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

To access your prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

OR -

You may have to start a 2020 tax return before the links on the Tax Home web page become available.  In that case start the 2020 tax return with the User ID you used for the 2019 return.  Once some basic information has been transferred over, Tax Home should be visible on the left column.  Click on Tax Home and then the other links will be shown as in this screenshot.

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Prior Year Online PDF Download.JPG

skeemekim

Thank you - I did not realize I had to hit the continue button on the home page as if I were starting the 2020 tax return in order to move to the next screen that allows me to see my previous year's tax returns. 

Same question 7TH request. HOW DO I GET COPIES OF MY RETURNS 

@G L Scott  The above is the only post in the user forum under your username G L Scott

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-get-a-copy-of-a-return-i-filed-thi...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies