Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

maceiran

It rejected our tax return because of an incorrect pin but i backed out of the pin when i saw the one the that the IRS gave me was 6 digits not 5. Why did it reject it?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Carlithia

It rejected our tax return because of an incorrect pin but i backed out of the pin when i saw the one the that the IRS gave me was 6 digits not 5. Why did it reject it?

Please see our Turbo Tax FAQ on how to obtain your self-select pin. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6263543

My taxes was rejected saying I had an incorrect pin what's this mean and how do I fix it

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

There is a difference in the PINs.  The 6-digit PIN is issued by the IRS for victims of fraud.  The 5-digit pin is a self-select number that is any 5-digit number you want to put in when e-filing. 

To enter your IRS PIN try this link for help. 

Here is a discussion on the differences as well. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Cardiosue1948
Returning Member

My return was rejected again.  IRS gave me a 6 digit # but the space is only for 5 digits.  I used the same pin from last year and it still rejected it.

@Cardiosue1948 wrote:

My return was rejected again.  IRS gave me a 6 digit # but the space is only for 5 digits.  I used the same pin from last year and it still rejected it.

The 6 digit IP PIN you received from the IRS is not entered in the space to select a 5 digit e-filing pin.

To enter, edit or delete a 6 digit IP PIN

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Other Tax Situations
  • Scroll down to Other Return Info
  • On Identity Protection PIN, click the start button

Or enter ip pin in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to ip pin

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies