No. The Self-Select PIN is a random 5-digit number that you enter as your electronic signature when e-filing your return.
The IP PIN is a 6-digit number that the IRS assigns to victims of tax-related identity theft.
- What is the difference between the five-digit Self-Select PIN I created last year and my Self-Select PIN this year?
- How do I get my 6-digit IP PIN?
- What if I entered the correct AGI and Im still getting an e-file reject?
- How do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online?
- Whats an IP PIN? Do I need one?