turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a new computer since I ordered my copy of Turbotax with a disc and no longer have an internal disc drive. Can you help me change over to download my copy?

I have a MacPro. My order number was [removed]
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Trevar

I have a new computer since I ordered my copy of Turbotax with a disc and no longer have an internal disc drive. Can you help me change over to download my copy?

Please follow the directions in the TurboTax FAQ below to contact product support. Please make sure you have the CD and purchase information available when you call.

We don't have a single, all-purpose phone number. Instead, we have many different numbers, depending on what you need help with.

Follow these instructions to connect with a TurboTax Expert who is specially-trained to handle your unique question or concern. Live help is available from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM Pacific, seven days a week.

If you're using the TurboTax CD/Download software or can't sign into your TurboTax account, click here to contact us. Ask your question, click Continue, and follow our onscreen instructions.

If you're using TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account if you're not already signed in.
  2. Click Contact in the upper-right corner of your screen.
  3. Ask your question.
  4. Talk one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert, CPA, or enrolled agent (requires the PLUS add-on if using Federal Free Edition).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Trevar

Please follow the directions in the TurboTax FAQ below to contact product support. Please make sure you have the CD and purchase information available when you call.

We don't have a single, all-purpose phone number. Instead, we have many different numbers, depending on what you need help with.

Follow these instructions to connect with a TurboTax Expert who is specially-trained to handle your unique question or concern. Live help is available from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM Pacific, seven days a week.

If you're using the TurboTax CD/Download software or can't sign into your TurboTax account, click here to contact us. Ask your question, click Continue, and follow our onscreen instructions.

If you're using TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account if you're not already signed in.
  2. Click Contact in the upper-right corner of your screen.
  3. Ask your question.
  4. Talk one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert, CPA, or enrolled agent (requires the PLUS add-on if using Federal Free Edition).

My new computer no longer has a disc drive so I need to convert to a download for my 2021 return.

Ok ... if you are an ADVANTAGE member and have usually purchased a CD then you ALSO have a download in your account ... just log in to get it.   It is probably too late to switch to a download this year (so the CD will still be shipped) however you can make the change in the account for the 2022 program. 

To update your TurboTax Advantage account, see this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900547-how-do-i-update-or-confirm-the-information-in-my-turbotax-...

You must use the exact same User ID you used to purchase the software when signing onto your download account here - https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/login.jsp?pagecontext=download

If that link does not show your purchase for download then use this TurboTax website - https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/app/downloads/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies