turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Account recovery didn't work. I know my username, but not password. Email is same but phone num is not, and i no longer have access to number. How can I get into my acct?

I tried to submit a request to gain access to the account, but its asking for an old email account. The email isn't the problem though. I used my current email and I still have access to it. It's the phone number that I don't have access to, and when I click try something else and enter my personal info, it says it's not correct.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Account recovery didn't work. I know my username, but not password. Email is same but phone num is not, and i no longer have access to number. How can I get into my acct?

Please contact customer service by following the instructions below. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kh98771
Returning Member

How to get logged in when you don't have access to old phone number with out going through account recovery.

PAY ATTENTION TO #3
Step 1.  Go to Turbotax.com
Step 2.  Chose the Forgot Username/Password under sign in
Step 3. Leave the Phone number, Email or User ID box blank and chose 'Try something else'
Step 4. Fill in all boxes and submit.
Step 5. Cx should receive Check your email screen. (if cx can't access email, chose 'Let's try something else')
Step 6. Have cx check email and chose reset next the the username they would like access to.
Step 7. Have cx chose recover account a different way.
Step 8. Have cx file out everything on the page with the current information that was filed on the last return that was done through TT. Continue.
Step 9. Cx will be taken to a page that while have the cx answer more personal information.
Step 10. After the questions are answered you will be able to update password. Cx will be taken straight into account.

kh98771
Returning Member

Also in the account recovery form, if the email doesn't need changed just use capital letters as the new email

Old Myemail @ email.com

New email- MYEMAIL @ EMAIL.COM

Or visa versa

daygle

Not using same device and can't remember witch gmail I used and I've S started the login process 2 or 3 times each time it was different because of device change and being able to certify

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

@daygle, If you can't remember which email you used, click on the link that says "Try something Else". That way you will get questions, that, if answered correctly, should get you into your account. Another way is to enter your phone number. Once, you enter your phone number, you will see all your usernames and email addresses attached to that phone number. 

Please see this TurboTax FAQ, for more assistance and information, Forgot your TurboTax Online User ID or password?

If none of this works, Please Contact Us, so we can help you get back into your account or create a new account.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies