Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection." comes up anytime I try to do anything on TurboTax. I have used multiple browsers, devices, and internet connections.

E-file opens today, any updates on this ?? I have not received any updates on this after signing up. 

Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection." comes up anytime I try to do anything on TurboTax. I have used multiple browsers, devices, and internet connections.

You better start looking for another tax preparation company, they seem to care less about the problem. They have been made aware of this issue since last year and nothing has been done about it. Funny thing INTUIT is a multi billion tech company but they can’t solve an IT issue.

The same problem happened to me as well today! Customer service cannot resolve it. They only care about collecting money, not fixing the system since it has been a chronic problem. I guess we need to move to another company for tax filing. Not this frustrating company and not fixing their chronic problem 

I agree ! I cannot do anything and it keeps

saying oops lost internet connection etc. this has been reported since 2020. Now its 2021, they still have not fixed it. It’s very frustrating and disappointing. I am leaving next week if they don’t fix it

Yes it happened to me today!!! They only care about collecting money, not fixing problems 

Happened to me as well. From Northeast.  This is not a regional issue. Previous posts having problems from CA and Texas. Very disappointing! 

Intuit, when so many users report the same problem, can you wake up and not pretend this is an Internet Connection issue??? I have Verizon FiOS and the internet is super fast!!! This is clearly a software issue! 

Hopefully the software was not outsourced to the company working on the Boeing 737 Max.

Hopefully not a regional issue but some of the folks in CA who were previously experiencing the issue mentioned that it is working for them now. It could be that they deployed the fix to some of their servers as users are routed to different servers based on their location. I am in Texas and based on my url in the browser, it takes me to us-east-2.turbotaxonline.intuit.com. For people who are able to access their return after getting the error, can you please post the beginning of your url like for example us- _______ - turbotaxonline.intuit.com so that maybe we might have some more info when we contact customer service.

On top of all this, the previously posted link to the issue posted officially by turbo tax is giving an access denied error now so no way to track the resolution status:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/oops-it-appears-there-was-a-drop-in-our-connection...

I have the same problem, I have tried everything and keep getting the error . I do not understand why Intuit does not fix this big bug in their system.

Tried reporting this to customer service. Followed instruction to get a representative and received a callback one and half hours later. After describing the issue, I got transferred right away and was put on hold for another 15 minutes. Shared the screen with the representative. As expected, she could not figure out the problem. She suggested the same old stuff: clear caching, cookie, and of course the problem is still there. Then she tried to transfer me to her supervisor. I was put on hold for another 40 minutes, and the call just disconnected itself. 

Disappointing product and disappointing service. 

I was able to complete and file my taxes a few days ago. Yesterday, I received notification from TurboTax that the IRS had accepted my federal return. I am in Arizona, but I am likely grouped in with the California users. My subdomain is us-west-2.turbotaxonline.intuit.com.

thank you @progravix

kongf2012, I went through the same situation, I did all suggested troubleshooting but nothing worked, calling customer service is worthless, they have no clue, they were trying to blame my Internet connection when the issue is on their end, I had to ask for a Supervisor too but was placed on hold for almost an hour so I just gave up. Horrible service!! No IT response, no follow ups, no updates and no resolution, this experience has been beyond awful.

Same thing here. The customer service is stuck on cleaning the cache when turbo tax acknowledged  in the link below (not a surprise but I am unable to access the link now) that the issue was on their side and they were working to resolve it. Customer service won't even transfer to tech support now as they can probably give us better info. One rep told me that they are the tech support now due to the call volume.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/oops-it-appears-there-was-a-drop-in-our-connection...

I will have to try this as well but I found a reddit post about some folks tweeting the CEO directly about this issue and hearing back from his office. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/TurboTax/comments/l3nujy/cannot_access_2020_entered_data/ 

kh98771
Returning Member

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-...

This was for the cx that go the DL and needed to move their return from online to DL

DLA5
Level 1

Same issue with me. Unable to do anything. Only error: "Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection."

I cleared cookies, cache etc.

I have tried Windows PC: Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and it has NOT worked.

Tried my Macbook and did not work either. 

I also tried mobile app and it did not work.

I have tried over my Wifi and also over cell phone service, so I know it is not an internet connection issue.

-------------------- TurboTax FIX THIS ISSUE! ---------------------------------

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies