Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Need phone number to talk to live IRS person on status of refund transmitted 2/15/18

need to talk to  IRS in person, refund transmitted 2/14.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Need phone number to talk to live IRS person on status of refund transmitted 2/15/18

Check these things first before calling the IRS.

Log into your TurboTax Online account or open your TurboTax Desktop program to check your status. 

If that showed it was accepted, what do you see at the IRS website below for the status of your Federal refund?  Click the blue button "Check My Refund Status."
http://www.irs.gov/Refunds

If that IRS WMR tool shows your Federal return has been processing longer than 21 days, you can phone the IRS to see if you can learn anything about the delay.

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

• Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.

I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

View solution in original post

53 Replies

I don't have a date yet and its been 23 days

See the answer below.   This is an old thread from last year, but the steps below are the same.

I put in wrong direct deposit information

@user7177360612   Have you already filed?  Was it by efile, and if so, has the efile been accepted?   If accepted, in most cases, it is too late to make changes.   But the following FAQ says you can try phoning the IRS to stop the deposit attempt "if your return hasn't posted to their system yet."  So you can try that, if you wish, but you should do it right away.  If you reach them in time, you won't be able to correct it, but they would send you a paper check instead.   Otherwise, the deposit should bounce back to the IRS, who will issue you a check in the mail to the address on the return.    See the following FAQ:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901677-what-if-i-entered-the-wrong-bank-account-for-direct-deposi...>

I filled on February the 7th still no refund status why?

Richardson1020 I’m getting the same message and I filled feb 7th as well
ciaraj41

I filled on the fourth of February..I see nothing as well

I filled on the February 3rd and it’s still saying  processing
tlucchin

I’m not the only on. Mine was accepted on the Jan 31, but then it changed to feb 2nd. No date, just says still processing

I filed jan 30 and got accepted on the same day y is it taking forever for me to get a date at least if I been approved already

I filed on the 7th as well. I recieved my state already but still waiting on FED
TASHA238

I filed feb 1 and getting the same message.. says it’s accepted but then still processing and I can’t find a number to talk to a real person

TASHA238:
The answer below tells you the steps to reach a live agent at the IRS.

My card is locked can the irs cut a paper check what do i do please help
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies