Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Need phone number to talk to live IRS person on status of refund transmitted 2/15/18

@user9697000
If you have already filed and are expecting a direct deposit to a card, I don't know what will happen with a "locked card."  I presume if it is refused, it will be sent back to the IRS who will issue you a paper check in the mail.    Or perhaps it might be deposited to a "locked card" until it's  unlocked.   I'm a fellow user, and don't know anything about a "locked card" and its implications.   If it's a Turbo Prepaid VISA Card, then you need to speak to the folks at the Turbo Card's customer support to see what will happen if the IRS attempts to deposit to the locked card.

Turbo Prepaid VISA Card customer service:  (888) 285-4169.

There could also be another link in the chain.   If you chose to pay any TurboTax fees out of the Federal refund, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company.

Need phone number to talk to live IRS person on status of refund transmitted 2/15/18

I thought February 3, 2019 and always shown as my doctors are still being processed when am I going to get my tax refund I need a date

My Taxes was excepted February 3 and now always been saying is that your taxes are being processed when are they going to give me my taxes a date would be nice since it’s been over a month

You should call. Above is a way to get to a live person. My sons were accepted on the 14th and he got them back already with the EITC

The instructions offered by some are a bit confusing for some.  I'll try and be more clear:
Set aside 30 minutes to one hour. Make sure your phone is charged.
Gather your things, you'll need something to write on; your SSN, full name, date of birth, current and possibly your previous address, you should also have your tax bill, tax return or tax transcript, and any other tax records you are calling about as well.

Dial the IRS:  at the number ending in 1040.  (turbotax does not allow commenters to post phone numbers) hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

TO SPEAK TO A PERSON DO THIS:

Choose your language.

PRESS 2 for "personal income tax."

PRESS 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

PRESS 3 "for all other questions."

PRESS 2 "for all other questions."

DO NOT ENTER YOUR SSN OR EIN!!! When it asks you to access your account information, DO NOT ENTER ANYTHING!!!

AFTER it asks for your SSN a SECOND time:

PRESS 2 for "personal or individual tax questions."

It should then transfer you to an agent, expect a considerable wait.  Worked for me 30 May 2019.

Check these things first before calling the IRS.

Log into your TurboTax Online account or open your TurboTax Desktop program to check your status. 

If that showed it was accepted, what do you see at the IRS website below for the status of your Federal refund?  Click the blue button "Check My Refund Status."
http://www.irs.gov/Refunds

If that IRS WMR tool shows your Federal return has been processing longer than 21 days, you can phone the IRS to see if you can learn anything about the delay.

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

• Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.

I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

AMAZING INFORMATION! WORKED ON MY 1ST TRY!

Great news! I'm glad it worked for you.  Good luck.
losbucks

why do they make it so hard?  thanks!

The IRS is woefully understaffed, and the seasonal tax workers have left by now.

It worked but they hung up on me

Just got through again. Quicker this time
anupath91

It tried to get me to a rep but high call volumes resulted in the system hanging up on me.rediculs rediculous

This is one of the busiest days of the years for the IRS.   This is the day that was scheduled for them to open up and start processing 2018 returns, and on top of that, this is the first day after the IRS re-opened following the recently-ended partial government shutdown.

It's been 23 days since iv filed "electronically " and still no refund. Turbo tax does not have a number to call for help and the IRS hangs up on me every time I call ( after waiting 30-40 min to get through ". There is no one I can speak with about this and it's very frustrating.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies