anersura10

My turbo tax finish my federal but it says the state is still pending to mail , is it going automatically with the federal ?

KatrinaLO

Pending simply means that your e-filed return is on its way and that the government hasn't accepted or rejected it yet. If you e-filed your return in January, it'll stay in Pending status until the IRS starts processing the backlog of returns. After January, e-filed returns generally sit in Pending status for 24-48 hours before coming back as either Accepted or Rejected. Sometimes state returns stay in Pending for several days or even longer.

Please see below for more details.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2562178-what-does-pending-mean

lperez220

Hi

I got confirmation that my federal return was accepted, but I do not think the state return was finished. How do I get back in to complete it?

Thanks

MichelleLO

Please see How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal? for assistance with completing your state tax return.

@lperez220