turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My taxes were amended in 2016. The IRS sent my check to you! Not me. I contacted the IRS and I have the routing number and account followed with my social security number

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

My taxes were amended in 2016. The IRS sent my check to you! Not me. I contacted the IRS and I have the routing number and account followed with my social security number

The checks for amended returns go to the address listed on your amended return form 1040X.  Isn't it your address on your return?  Did you move?  You need to have the IRS put a trace on it.

I did that. It is in your bank with my social security after the account number that is turbo taxes bank account

Was it for an actual amended 1040X return you mailed in?  Or did you just fix your original return and efile it?   If it was for an efiled return were you having the fees deducted from it?
susancao

What makes you think that it is a TurboTax bank account, did you search the routing number to a particular financial institution? TurboTax doesn't have its own bank like you say above ("in your bank"). And most of us answering questions have no affiliation with TurboTax, just sharing our personal expertise. You need to contact the IRS if you think your refund went somewhere it shouldn't have - they can track it and tell you where it went.
susancao

The IRS would not be able to send your refund to TurboTax. In fact, if you sent in a paper mailed, amended 2016 tax filing, you would have had a paper check mailed to the address on your return and W-2.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies