Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My taxes have been rejected saying the AGI doesnt match. but the AGI im entering is the same number i received from the IRS transcript...HELP!!!!

If the AGI Turbo Tax sent is wrong you need to enter the right AGI.  Turbo Tax doesn't know if the AGI from your 2020 is the one that got filed or you filed from a different account or somewhere else.   But as I said try using 0 for the AGI.  The IRS didn't process 2020 in time to get the AGI entered into the right database to check.

My taxes have been rejected saying the AGI doesnt match. but the AGI im entering is the same number i received from the IRS transcript...HELP!!!!

Except when accessing my transcript on the IRS site I get:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://sa.www4.irs.gov/icce-core/load/gettrans/pages/availableTranscripts.xhtml" on this server.

Reference #18.4a[phone number removed]219.1254f15

Now what?

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Your personal information has been removed for privacy and security reasons since this is a public forum. 

We do not have access to your account in this public forum.

You may need to enter “0”. Please see this Help Article for more information and to see if any of these situations apply to you. 

In regards to the "access denied" error message on the IRS website, you would need to contact the IRS for assistance. Please see How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)? for more information, including the IRS phone number and hours of operation. You may want to try calling right when they open since they have been very busy throughout the day.

@midhenry

My State e-file return was also rejected since the Fed was rejected. I will try to use $0 for Federal AGI, but when I am doing State, should I also enter $0 for that or the actual AGI from my Fed transcript (which by the way, is identical to what I originally entered and got rejected). 

Your state return was rejected because your Federal return was rejected. Once you sort your Federal return and it is accepted you can resubmit your state return and it will be accepted. Making the AGI zero will probably fix your Federal return.

The problem is that the IRS is behind and when they have not yeat processed a return (even though they cashed your check) the AGI is zero in their database.  You would think Turbotax would know this........

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies