turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

amzpix3

My stimulus check is wrong. What now?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

730 Replies
VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

What do you mean "wrong?" Information about who is getting the stimulus check and the amounts can be found in the links below:

What do I need to know about the coronavirus stimulus package?

Economic Impact Payments

The IRS has created a Get My Payment portal to track the progress of these payments for taxpayers. It is expected to be available beginning April 17, 2020.

IRS Economic Impact Payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
PJDNoll

Ours is, too. Instead of $2400, it is $2138.90.  I thought that was very strange. We are well within the income limit and no fees should’ve been withheld.  And we haven’t filed for 2019 yet, so it is not a tax refund. 

Mine is too. We are a married couple that files jointly. We have a one year old as a dependent. Received $2400 instead of $2900. 

We received $3400, but we have 3 dependents. one born in November 2019, we filed our 2019 taxes in January and received refund in February. so IRS should have correct info

Has anybody gotten any new information on this? i have two kids one born in 1/2018 and the other in 9/2019 and claimed both on our married filing jointly 2019 taxes but only received 2900 when it should have been 3400?? & there really is no way to contact the IRS about it bc they aren’t taking phone calls

from myself personally mine is not the correct amount i should have gotten a total of 3400 for both me, my husband and 2 kids. we filed a 2019 tax return married filing jointly and claimed both of our kids but only received the extra 500 for only one child. we got 2900 instead of 3400

MayaD
Expert Alumni

If your income exceeds the thresholds $150000 for married filing jointly, the amount will be reduced on a sliding scale. 

I did not receive the $500 for each of my qualified dependants. Others have received there's. Why didn't I receive mines?

I'm in the exact same boat as you.  Our second child was born 8/12/19.  Even though we filed for him on our taxes, we only received $2900 as well.

I am in a similar situation. We already filed our 19 taxes and received our refund. Our stimulus payment was received this morning, however it does not take into account our 2 children. We received $2,400 rather than $3,400 I believe we should have received based on the guidelines of having 2 children. I am very happy, and consider it a blessing to have received what we did, however I am just curious if we should anticipate another deposit or not.

My stimulus check was incorrect as well. I didn't get  $500 for each dependants. So far I haven't found a site to go to, to get answers. 

MayaD
Expert Alumni

How old are your dependents?

If they are under age 17 at the end of the tax year, you will receive an additional $500 for them. 

I have been following this post since this morning. There is definitely a problem. My SIL did not get $500 for either of his 2 children and his income falls below the threshold. I saw it also posted in a Portland newspaper online as well. Yet there is no one to call to get help for this. Now what?

Pauly G

We had our second kid in 2018 and we are below the threshold for married filing jointly (sliding scale doesn’t not apply, children ages 1.5 and 5) and we also only got payment for 1 kid instead of 2. We got $2900 instead of the $3400 we were expecting.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies