kaila-jordan

My step daughter just turned 18 last December. I am trying to finalize her return and it is asking for her AGI which would be on last years return. This is the first year filing on her own. What would

If she did not file her own 2018 return then her AGI is 0.  Enter zero.

If your child did not file a 2018 return then her 2018 AGI is zero.  If zero will not let you e-file it, then it has to be printed, signed and mailed.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.